TERM_INGRES

Rich Ford

Dec 21, 2021, 6:58:11 PM12/21/21
I have a new installation on Linux and the install setup konsolel for TERM_INGRES.

This works for the most part but I can't get the F3 key to work.

Is additional configuration required?

Rich

Karl Schendel

Dec 21, 2021, 7:28:17 PM12/21/21
to Rich Ford, info-...@lists.planetingres.org
Are you in fact using a KDE konsole terminal window?

If you go to Settings -> Edit current profile -> Keyboard, is it set to
Default (xfree 4)?

If you do: cat -v -
in the window, and press F3, do you get ^[OR (i.e. ESC O R)?

If the first two are yes and the last is no, I think you'll have to go to
KDE System Settings and fiddle with the Input Devices / Keyboard
settings to get your keyboard to send the right thing. Or, you could
edit your local $II_SYSTEM/ingres/files/termcap file to change
the konsole k3 parameter to whatever your keyboard is actually sending.

Karl

Roy Hann

Dec 22, 2021, 4:04:27 AM12/22/21
Also, if you are using PuTTY to access your Linux machine remotely, it
works well enough with TERM_INGRES set to konsolel to trick you into
thinking you're using a correct setting but it fails in odd ways. IIRC
one problem is F3 doesn't work.

If--if--you are using PuTTY set TERM_INGRES to putty.

Roy