How to recreate iidbdb?

Dobrovolski Nick

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
Hi all,

What should I do if there is a need to destroy and then create an iidbdb
database? I've read that while creating the iidbdb one should use -S
flag. OK. But how can I destroy it? Destroydb refuses to do this.

For example the disk with iidbdb data, journal, dump and checkpoint
catalogs has crashed (let's imagine that they all are on the same
physical disk). I've tried to emulate the situation and moved all these
catalogs to another place. Then I've tried to create an iidbdb. There
was an error saying that iidbdb is already exists. Stopping and
restarting Ingres hesn't helped. What should I do in this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Dobrovolski Nick

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
Hi Bernard,

Yes, I've tried to leave the directory itself on the position and delete all
files in it. But again recieved the following message from createdb:

E_DM0124 Database already exists.

Maybe you have any other advices?

Thanks,
Nick

Bernard Royet wrote:

> You don't need to destroy the iidbdb database.
> If you want to try, just delete all the file under
> II_DATABASE/ingres/data/default/iidbdb and the directory iidbdb.
> After you can launch the createdb -S iidbdb.
> And if you want to recover all the databases you have, use rollforwardb to
> recover iidbdb.

> --
> Bernard Royet (bernar...@sncf.fr)
> SNCF AIGF-EM (French Railways)

George Wang

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
You need to delete the data directory for iidbdb or just mv it to another
name for test.

George Wang

Bernard Royet

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
to Dobrovolski Nick
Hi Nick.
You must delete the directory iidbdb.
It's the only thing for Ingres to say if iidbdb exists or not.

Regards

Colin Hay

Jul 27, 2022, 1:32:16 AM7/27/22
You also need to delete the iidbdb database from the CKP, JNL, DMP and WRK folders for you to be able to recreate it

Roy Hann

Jul 27, 2022, 4:06:48 AM7/27/22
Colin Hay wrote:

> On Monday, 12 October 1998 at 17:00:00 UTC+10, Bernard Royet wrote:
>> Hi Nick.
>> You must delete the directory iidbdb.
>> It's the only thing for Ingres to say if iidbdb exists or not.
>> Regards
>> Dobrovolski

[snip]

> You also need to delete the iidbdb database from the CKP, JNL, DMP and WRK folders for you to be able to recreate it

If you'd waited just another year that could've been a quarter-century
anniversary posting. :-)

Roy