[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]

Mahta

Jan 1, 2007, 2:05:58 AM1/1/07
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc
transaction in my C# code. then the error occured.

ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not
available.

pls help me, How can i solve this problem?
is it needed to especial setting in the informix db?

Mahta

Jan 1, 2007, 5:42:14 AM1/1/07

thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log
and the problem 's solved.

Mahta

Jonathan Leffler

Jan 2, 2007, 2:41:36 AM1/2/07
to Mahta, inform...@iiug.org

Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not
recommended, but possible. It appears that your database is one such
- so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that.

Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the
database. For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar).

--
Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h>
Email: jlef...@earthlink.net, jlef...@us.ibm.com