php + infomix (ifx_ or pdo_informix)

Yametazamwa mara 67
Ruka hadi kwenye ujumbe wa kwanza ambao haujasomwa

Fernando Ortiz

hayajasomwa,
17 Ago 2007, 17:31:1417/08/2007
kwa
Hi,

I've using PHP_Informix using the ifx_ extension, but while trying to
upgrade PHP to 5.2.x I found this

Note: This extension has been moved to the » PECL repository and is
no longer bundled with PHP as of PHP 5.2.1.

So I tried to install from PECL with no luck, the only extension there
is PDO_INFORMIX.

Where can I find the old ifx_ extension? is it still recommended/
supported?

I also tried the PDO_INFORMIX extension and found this ugly error with
a simple select from another database

$sth = $conn->query("select count(*) from nomi:empljava");
print_r( $conn->errorInfo());
(
[0] => 42000
[1] => -201
[2] => [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error
has occurred
. (SQLPrepare[4294967095] at /root/tmp/PDO_INFORMIX-1.1.0/
informix_driver.c:131)
)

Where can I report bugs to PDO_INFORMIX?

TIA

Gerardo Santana

hayajasomwa,
18 Ago 2007, 15:04:2118/08/2007
kwa

I'm not familiar with PDO_Informix (I left PHP behind a long time
ago), but the error message suggests that the underlying ODBC driver
doesn't not support the database:table syntax and then triggers a
syntax error.

I suggest to workaround it, establishing another connection to nomi.

Roland Wintgen

hayajasomwa,
20 Ago 2007, 06:44:3620/08/2007
kwa
Fernando Ortiz wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Fernando,

> I've using PHP_Informix using the ifx_ extension, but while trying to
> upgrade PHP to 5.2.x I found this
>
> Note: This extension has been moved to the » PECL repository and is
> no longer bundled with PHP as of PHP 5.2.1.
>
> So I tried to install from PECL with no luck, the only extension there
> is PDO_INFORMIX.

OK. You're having the same problem I have. The only solution I found so
far is to rewrite the code to make use the new PDO_INFORMIX extension.

> Where can I find the old ifx_ extension? is it still recommended/
> supported?
>
> I also tried the PDO_INFORMIX extension and found this ugly error with
> a simple select from another database
>
> $sth = $conn->query("select count(*) from nomi:empljava");
> print_r( $conn->errorInfo());
> (
> [0] => 42000
> [1] => -201
> [2] => [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error
> has occurred
> . (SQLPrepare[4294967095] at /root/tmp/PDO_INFORMIX-1.1.0/
> informix_driver.c:131)
> )

did you read the manual? http://de.php.net/manual/de/ref.pdo-informix.php

There's also a good explanation here:
(Linux)
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0606bombardier/
and here:
(Windows)
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0607bombardier/

> Where can I report bugs to PDO_INFORMIX?

check out this one: http://pecl.php.net/bugs/report.php?package=PDO_INFORMIX

However I'm not fully satisfied with the support on this package. It
seems that PDO_INFORMIX, although it has more downloads than the PDO_IBM
package, is not really maintained. I reported a bug about one month ago
and got a feedback that a solution is on the way. However I don't see
any progress.

And there seems to be a problem when trying to connect to a 7.31
instance on a SCO Unixware machine. I rewrote my entire code to make use
of the PDO_INFORMIX extension and now I'm stuck because it works fine
with a IDS 10 test instance but our main database resides on an older
IDS 7.31 and all I get is this error string:
SQLSTATE[]: <<Unknown error>>: 0 (SQLParamData[0] at
/usr/local/src/php-5.2.0/ext/pdo_informix/informix_statement.c:783)
Running the same statement against an IDS 10 instance just works fine.

> TIA

Regards

--
Roland Wintgen (Systemadministrator)

r...@evg.de
Tel. +49 2166 5508-23
Fax +49 2166 5508-20

EVG Elektro-Vertriebs-Gesellschaft Martens GmbH & Co. KG
Trompeterallee 244-246, 41189 Mönchengladbach
Tel. +49 2166 5508-0, Fax +49 2166 5508-90
www.evg.de in...@evg.de

Sitz: Mönchengladbach, Rechtsform: KG, MG HRA 9281
Komplementär: Martens & Hamacher Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
Sitz: Mönchengladbach, MG HRB 2523
Geschäftsführer: Jörg R. Martens, Axel Hamacher, Dirk Martens-Ritz

Fernando Ortiz

hayajasomwa,
20 Ago 2007, 09:59:2020/08/2007
kwa
Hi Roland,

On Aug 20, 5:44 am, Roland Wintgen <r...@evg.de> wrote:
> OK. You're having the same problem I have. The only solution I found so
> far is to rewrite the code to make use the new PDO_INFORMIX extension.

Found your bug report in
http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=11566 dated July 8, I hope the
ptach opendev is testing get released sonn.

> did you read the manual?http://de.php.net/manual/de/ref.pdo-informix.php

Yes, the full 6 paragrpahs of the manual, ;)

> There's also a good explanation here:

> (Linux)http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0606bomb...
> and here:
> (Windows)http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0607bomb...

For installing is fine, but already done.

> > Where can I report bugs to PDO_INFORMIX?
>
> check out this one:http://pecl.php.net/bugs/report.php?package=PDO_INFORMIX

> However I'm not fully satisfied with the support on this package. It
> seems that PDO_INFORMIX, although it has more downloads than the PDO_IBM
> package, is not really maintained. I reported a bug about one month ago
> and got a feedback that a solution is on the way. However I don't see
> any progress.

I'try to 'port' the ifx_ extension from PHP 5.1 to PHP 5.2, it's old
but at least working.

Thank you

Manas D

hayajasomwa,
20 Ago 2007, 12:58:3120/08/2007
kwa r...@evg.de
Hi Roland,
I am the lead of the team that owns the PDO_INFORMIX driver. I want
to assure you that the PDO_INFORMIX driver is being actively
maintained by IBM but as the postings on http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=11566
show, the problem is not with the PDO_INFORMIX driver but with the PDO
layer. We have been actively trying to get Zend to release an update
to PDO to fix this problem. I am hoping that I will know more from
Zend in the next few days and I will contact you personally regarding
this issue.
Also, I want you to know that starting with the IDS Cheetah release
(11.10), there is a new PDO driver (PDO_IBM) which will also work with
IDS. This driver uses the DRDA connectivity feature which was added in
IDS 11.10. Also, if you want to get in touch with my team directly,
you can send a mail to ope...@us.ibm.com.

Thanks for your patience and your inputs. They are invaluable in
improving the quality and functionality of the IBM PHP drivers.

Regards,
-Manas

On Aug 20, 5:44 am, Roland Wintgen <r...@evg.de> wrote:

> Fernando Ortiz wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Fernando,
>
> > I've using PHP_Informix using the ifx_ extension, but while trying to
> > upgrade PHP to 5.2.x I found this
>
> > Note: This extension has been moved to the » PECL repository and is
> > no longer bundled with PHP as of PHP 5.2.1.
>
> > So I tried to install from PECL with no luck, the only extension there
> > isPDO_INFORMIX.
>
> OK. You're having the same problem I have. The only solution I found so
> far is to rewrite the code to make use the newPDO_INFORMIXextension.
>

> > Where can I find the old ifx_ extension? is it still recommended/
> > supported?
>

> > I also tried thePDO_INFORMIXextension and found this ugly error with

> > a simple select from another database
>
> > $sth = $conn->query("select count(*) from nomi:empljava");
> > print_r( $conn->errorInfo());
> > (
> > [0] => 42000
> > [1] => -201
> > [2] => [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error
> > has occurred
> > . (SQLPrepare[4294967095] at /root/tmp/PDO_INFORMIX-1.1.0/
> > informix_driver.c:131)
> > )
>

> did you read the manual?http://de.php.net/manual/de/ref.pdo-informix.php

> There's also a good explanation here:

> > Where can I report bugs toPDO_INFORMIX?
>
> check out this one:http://pecl.php.net/bugs/report.php?package=PDO_INFORMIX
>
> However I'm not fully satisfied with the support on this package. It

> seems thatPDO_INFORMIX, although it has more downloads than the PDO_IBM

> package, is not really maintained. I reported a bug about one month ago
> and got a feedback that a solution is on the way. However I don't see
> any progress.
>
> And there seems to be a problem when trying to connect to a 7.31
> instance on a SCO Unixware machine. I rewrote my entire code to make use

> of thePDO_INFORMIXextension and now I'm stuck because it works fine

> with a IDS 10 test instance but our main database resides on an older
> IDS 7.31 and all I get is this error string:
> SQLSTATE[]: <<Unknown error>>: 0 (SQLParamData[0] at
> /usr/local/src/php-5.2.0/ext/pdo_informix/informix_statement.c:783)
> Running the same statement against an IDS 10 instance just works fine.
>
> > TIA
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Roland Wintgen (Systemadministrator)
>
> r...@evg.de
> Tel. +49 2166 5508-23
> Fax +49 2166 5508-20
>
> EVG Elektro-Vertriebs-Gesellschaft Martens GmbH & Co. KG
> Trompeterallee 244-246, 41189 Mönchengladbach

> Tel. +49 2166 5508-0, Fax +49 2166 5508-90www.evg.dei...@evg.de

Roland Wintgen

hayajasomwa,
21 Ago 2007, 06:31:4921/08/2007
kwa
Manas D wrote:
> Hi Roland,
Hi Manas,

> I am the lead of the team that owns the PDO_INFORMIX driver. I want
> to assure you that the PDO_INFORMIX driver is being actively
> maintained by IBM but as the postings on http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=11566
> show, the problem is not with the PDO_INFORMIX driver but with the PDO
> layer. We have been actively trying to get Zend to release an update
> to PDO to fix this problem. I am hoping that I will know more from
> Zend in the next few days and I will contact you personally regarding
> this issue.

OK, I see. Thank you for your clarification.

> Also, I want you to know that starting with the IDS Cheetah release
> (11.10), there is a new PDO driver (PDO_IBM) which will also work with
> IDS. This driver uses the DRDA connectivity feature which was added in
> IDS 11.10. Also, if you want to get in touch with my team directly,
> you can send a mail to ope...@us.ibm.com.

BTW, are you aware of any incompatibilities with older IDS versions
using the latest available PDO_INFORMIX driver as described in my
earlier posting?
If you need an example, I could mail a code snippet to your team.

> Thanks for your patience and your inputs. They are invaluable in
> improving the quality and functionality of the IBM PHP drivers.
>
> Regards,
> -Manas
>

>> However I'm not fully satisfied with the support on this package. It
>> seems thatPDO_INFORMIX, although it has more downloads than the PDO_IBM
>> package, is not really maintained. I reported a bug about one month ago
>> and got a feedback that a solution is on the way. However I don't see
>> any progress.
>>
>> And there seems to be a problem when trying to connect to a 7.31
>> instance on a SCO Unixware machine. I rewrote my entire code to make use
>> of thePDO_INFORMIXextension and now I'm stuck because it works fine
>> with a IDS 10 test instance but our main database resides on an older
>> IDS 7.31 and all I get is this error string:
>> SQLSTATE[]: <<Unknown error>>: 0 (SQLParamData[0] at
>> /usr/local/src/php-5.2.0/ext/pdo_informix/informix_statement.c:783)
>> Running the same statement against an IDS 10 instance just works fine.
>>
>>> TIA
Regards

--
Roland Wintgen (Systemadministrator)

EVG Elektro-Vertriebs-Gesellschaft Martens GmbH & Co. KG
Trompeterallee 244-246, 41189 Mönchengladbach
Tel. +49 2166 5508-0, Fax +49 2166 5508-90

www.evg.de in...@evg.de

Manas D

hayajasomwa,
22 Ago 2007, 09:37:4622/08/2007
kwa
Hi Roland,
That would be great. Please mail the code snippet to
ope...@us.ibm.com

Thanks,
-Manas

On Aug 21, 5:31 am, Roland Wintgen <r...@evg.de> wrote:
> Manas D wrote:
> > Hi Roland,
>
> Hi Manas,
>
> > I am the lead of the team that owns the PDO_INFORMIX driver. I want
> > to assure you that the PDO_INFORMIX driver is being actively

> > maintained by IBM but as the postings onhttp://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=11566

> > show, the problem is not with the PDO_INFORMIX driver but with the PDO
> > layer. We have been actively trying to get Zend to release an update
> > to PDO to fix this problem. I am hoping that I will know more from
> > Zend in the next few days and I will contact you personally regarding
> > this issue.
>
> OK, I see. Thank you for your clarification.
>
> > Also, I want you to know that starting with the IDS Cheetah release
> > (11.10), there is a new PDO driver (PDO_IBM) which will also work with
> > IDS. This driver uses the DRDA connectivity feature which was added in
> > IDS 11.10. Also, if you want to get in touch with my team directly,

> > you can send a mail to open...@us.ibm.com.

> Tel. +49 2166 5508-0, Fax +49 2166 5508-90www.evg.dei...@evg.de

Ujumbe 0 mpya