quiescent mode error messages...

Jeff Bluemel

Feb 20, 2003, 1:29:10 AM2/20/03
27002: No connections are allowed in Dynamic Server quiescent mode.

ok - system was running, and all of a sudden informix stopped responding. I
rebooted, and executed an ontape -s to dump the logs, and now when I try to
run isql I get the error message listed above.

any suggestions?

Eric Herber

Feb 20, 2003, 3:55:01 AM2/20/03
to Jeff Bluemel

Jeff Bluemel wrote:
> 27002: No connections are allowed in Dynamic Server quiescent mode.
>
> ok - system was running, and all of a sudden informix stopped responding. I
> rebooted, and executed an ontape -s to dump the logs, and now when I try to

> run isql I ge the error message listed above.
>
> any suggestions?

The logical logs will be saved with 'ontape -a', not 'ontape -s'.

What does 'onstat -' say ?
Maybe you are really in 'quiescent' mode and have to
execute an 'onmode -m'.

Also check your 'online.log' for any abnormal entries.

Best regards

Eric
--
IT-Consulting Herber
WWW: http://www.herber-consulting.de

Download the IFMX Database-Monitor for free at:
http://www.herber-consulting.de/BusyBee

Simmons, Keith

Feb 20, 2003, 3:56:36 AM2/20/03

Jeff

It means the engine is in quiescent and not online. You need to use
onmonitor -> mode -> On-Line (or onmode -m) to bring it to a connectable
state.
Use onstat -p to check the status of the engine and look at the online log
to see why it crashed in the first place.
Your comment about using ontape -s to dump logs is interesting as this
command performs a full archive of the engine (after prompting for the level
of the archive), did you mean ontape -a to back up the logs, or did you
execute onmode -s which actually brings the engine into quiescent mode and
we get back to where we started !!!

Keith

Feb 20, 2003, 4:25:55 AM2/20/03
Logs are an ontape -a

Check out onstat - it'll say you are in quiescent, type onmode -m

Check your start up scripts you are probably running an oninit -s
instead of oninit

--
Paul Watson #
Oninit Ltd # Growing old is mandatory

Jeff Bluemel

Feb 20, 2003, 10:31:22 AM2/20/03
thanks for all the responses...

well - I followed the given syntaxes, and it was in quiescent mode. I have
changed this, and the system appears to be up normally though. I'm also
going to follow the examples to find out what happened in the first place.

thanks,

Jeff
"Jeff Bluemel" <je...@domintcom.com> wrote in message

Danny van der Weide

Feb 22, 2003, 1:11:00 PM2/22/03
Did you maybe accidentally run onmode -s instead of ontape -s ?
You wouldn't be the first, you know... ;)

Greetings, Danny

Andrew Hamm

Feb 23, 2003, 5:05:22 AM2/23/03
Danny van der Weide wrote:
> Hi,
> Did you maybe accidentally run onmode -s instead of ontape -s ?
> You wouldn't be the first, you know... ;)

Ever noticed how close

init 1

is dangerously close to

init q