The exe FOLDER

GG

Sep 5, 2000, 8:23:21 AM9/5/00
Hi

Is there any function that gives the EXE folder ?

I have generated an EXE on the server then a shortcut in local drive C:\ .
This shortcut starts in C:\MyDocuments (anyfolder). I'm trying to read a
file located at the same place as the EXE so I need to get the full path
name of the EXE.
I tried VisDosGetCurDir(SalFileGetCurDrive()) but this returns the work
folder (C:\MyDocuments).

I use the shortcut to start the application (this is how it works)

Can anyone help ?

Thanx

Mark Kirby

Sep 6, 2000, 12:23:24 AM9/6/00
You will have to change the 'start in:' directory entry in the properties of
the shortcut to point to the location of the file on the server.

"GG" <g...@gg.com> wrote in message

GG

Sep 6, 2000, 3:49:43 AM9/6/00
Tht's how the application works . The shortcut must start in the local drive
work space fro each user.

Is there anyother solution ?

I was thinking of VisDosBuildFullName but it doesn't seem to work

Klaus-Werner Konrad

Sep 5, 2000, 10:33:30 AM9/5/00
GG <g...@gg.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
8p2ojo$6s7$1...@s1.read.news.oleane.net...

> Hi
>
> Is there any function that gives the EXE folder ?

String: sPath
String: sDrive
String: sDir
String: sName
String: sExt

Call VisDosSplitPath( strArgArray[0], sDrive, sDir, sName, sExt )
Set sPath = sDrive || sDir

HTH
--
Klaus-Werner Konrad