Recno db log files not getting deleted with DB_LOG_AUTO_REMOVE set

face

Jan 4, 2012, 6:01:18 AM1/4/12

I'm using a recno db like a queue - doing inserts at the end and
deleting from the beginning. I have set the DB_LOG_AUTO_REMOVE flag on
the environment, but the log files just keep piling up and never get
removed. Is it supposed to work like this, or am I doing something
wrong? I know about the queue backend, but my values are not fixed-
length. I made a simple test program which just inserts and then
deletes records in a loop, but still get this behaviour. Any other
ideas about how to accomplish what I'm trying to do are welcome.

Thanks,
/f