Report with multiple groups problem

Mike

Feb 26, 2004, 5:49:34 AM2/26/04
Hi i'm trying to print out a report but i'm having difficulties, this
is the situation:

I have 5 tables:
1 = tblcustomer
2 = tblcustcontact
3 = tblcontactinfo
4 = tblcustassort
5 = tblassortiment

The idea is simple i have customers. A customer has multiple
contactpersons in its firm and a customer can have multiple
assortiments wich he can choose out of when he wants to place an
order.

example.

customer A has contactperson A "boss"
contactperson B "secretary"
AND
has assortiment A "chickingproducts" he can order
chickenprod
assortiment B "porcproducts" he can order
porcprod

How can i print a report with all the information about the customer
(name, place, telephone) with all its different contactpersons and
with the assortiments he can pick out of.

My tables are linked like this:

tblcustomer tblcustcontact tblcontactinfo
customerID--> tblcustcontact.custID
tblcustcontact.contactid--> tblcontactinfo.contactid
AND

tblcustomer tblcustassort tblassortiment
customerID--> tblcustassort.custID
tblcustassort.assortid--> tblassortiment.assortid

How can i make this report withouth printing customerinformation 4
times or my contactinfo 2 timeson my report? Should i use subreports?
Any solutions? If i make a query on a customer with 2 contacts and 2
assortiments he gives me 4 records??

PLZ help me.

Contact me also at mikebe...@norenca.be

Ira Solomon

Feb 26, 2004, 9:36:47 PM2/26/04
Hi:
Create a query with the linked tables in it.
Use the Report wizard.
Group by Customer and then by Assortment.
Thus you can set the cusomer infor to appear one under the customer
header, etc.

Good Luck

Ira Solomon