Have you implemented a parser or compiler in SQL?

Roger L Costello

Jul 21, 2021, 12:32:22 PM7/21/21
Hello Compiler Experts!

I read this [1] on Quora:

> I have written some complex things in SQL, like a parser and compiler

Interesting!

Have you done that - written a parser and/or compiler in SQL? How did you do
it? Is there a web page or book that describes how to do it?

/Roger

[1]
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-strangest-code-youve-seen-a-senior-developer-
write/answer/Ryan-Gedwill?comment_id=72467562&comment_type=2
[I can imagine how to do it but it is hard to imagine why you'd do it other
than as a stunt. I am reminded of Henry Spencer's Amazing Awk Assembler. -John]