CHARGEBACK ON IS IN CLIENT/SERVER ENVIRONMENT

Rahul Vedi

Apr 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/25/95
I am writing a research paper on "CHARGEBACK ON INFORMATION SYSTEMS"
Can anybody provide some help in:

1) Locating reference materials.
2) Any previous published work on this topic.

Your help is highly appreciated in this regard.

Rahul Vedi.

Rahul Vedi

Apr 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/25/95

billb...@acslink.net.au

Apr 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/26/95

I am very interested in charge back models for distributed
and/or client/server infrastructure. So far I haven't found a lot of
material published on this but you might try starting with the
established research groups, such as Gartner Group (who have done
quite a lot of work on charge back in general, including
some work on distributed suystems), Forrester Research etc.

I'd be interested in seeing whatever you come up with.

Cheers

Bill Bolton - billb...@acslink.net.au

Victor Janulaitis

Apr 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/29/95
Several people have been able to use the Information Services, Data
Processing and Communications Metrics HandiGuide and the Client
Server Management HandiGuide (r) published by PSR as a basic text
for setting up charge back with the IS function.

You can get more information on it by writing to PSR at
in...@psrinc.com or looking at thier web page

Home Page: <URL:http://www.psrinc.com/psr.htm

Dieter Grubner

May 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/3/95
Rahul Vedi (ved...@adfa.oz.au) wrote:
: Hi,
: I am writing a research paper on "CHARGEBACK ON INFORMATION SYSTEMS"

: Can anybody provide some help in:

: 1) Locating reference materials.
: 2) Any previous published work on this topic.

: Your help is highly appreciated in this regard.

: Rahul Vedi.

Hi Rahul,

Working in the area of system management I try to
define an accounting and chargeback system which
allows me to bill services and applications and
processes (understandable for ech end user) instead
of the merely technical usage of the system ressources.
That means the clients have to pay (f.ex. monthely)
for PRODUCTS like
- number of processed application sessions
- number of managed objects of applications (e.g.
patients or employees)
- number of loaded programms like excel, word,
dbase etc.
- number of printed pages
- and so on
instead of
- used CPU-time
- used login-time
- used RAM-space
- and so on.

Till now I have found some articles, which I will
send you after having written down the bibliographic
informations.

Good luck! Dieter Grubner

Dieter Grubner

May 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/8/95
Hi Rahul!

As I wrote you some days ago I'll send you a list of
articles about chargeback I have found so far and hope
that they help you as a first step for your research paper.

But in my opinion it is necessary to have a "service model"
which gives you the information, which user has used which
service. Do you have any idea how one can build such a service
model? Have you heard about a software which controls a LAN
in this way? Is HP-OpenView or CA-Unicenter able to do so?

In a second step there should be a tool or mechanism which allows
you to determine, which service has which price. To do that it is
necessary to argue the price. But how? In the mainframe world the
hardware was such a big part of the overall costs (nearly 50 %)
that the price could be argued by the CPU-Second (because the
hardware was the bottelneck of the system): If an application uses
10 CPU-Seconds, it costs $10, if it uses 30 CPU-Seconds, it costs
$30.

But in the C/S world hardware-costs are just about 15% (Gartner
Group, see literature below). People in charge of the network
cost much more. So it is necessary to think about new methods
of distribute the costs of the network.

From my point of view that are the challenges of C/S chargeback.

I hope that we build a good C/S-chargeback-team!

Regards, Dieter Grubner

BOETSCH, Ernst N.: "A hierarchical domain concept as a main
part of an OSI accounting model" Integrated Network Management II,
Proceedings of the IFIP TC 6/WG 6.6, 1991

BURCH, Bradford M.: "Memo billing vs. chargeback at Amtrak"
Capacity Management Review, Aug. 1994, vol: 22, Iss: 8

BUTLER, Janet: ,Does chargeback show where the buck stops?"
Software Magazine, April 1992, v12 n5

CAFASSO, Rosemary: "Client/Server costs hard to divvy up"
Computerworld, 23. Jan 1995, vol: 29

EMERY, James: "New goal for chargeback: shift from cost
accounting to a positive balance" Computerworld,
13. Oct. 1986, v20 n41

GOULDE, Michael: "Systems management matchup:
independent vendors vie for leadership" Software Magacine,
Dec. 1994, v14, n12

GALLANT, John: "Chargeback's high price" Network World,
12. Dec 1994, vol: 11, Iss: 50

GARTNER Group: "Client/Server Chargeback Styles" 16. August
1994, Software Management Strategies, K-869-1513

HANNA, Mary: "Dynamic corporate networks have managers
on a tightrope (asset management software for network managers)."
(Byers Guide), Software Magacine, Dec. 1994, v14, n12

HORWITT, Elisabeth: "Novell recasts enterprise licensing paradigm"
Computerworld, 17. Oct. 1994

HUFNAGEL, Ellen: "Perceived chargeback system fairness in
decentralized organizations: an examination of the issues."
MIS Quaterly, Dec. 1989, v13 n4

HUNTINGTON-LEE, Jill: "Getting a Grip on Polycenter Netview"
DEC Professional, Sept. 1994, v13, n9

HELD, Gilbert: "Installing and using NetWare Accounting" Internat.
Journal of Network Management, Sept. 1994, v4 n3

HEGERING, Heinz-Gerd, Boetsch Ernst: "A proposal for an
originator-oriented accounting scheme in OSI-like multinetwork
environmens" 1988, Conference: Computer communications
technologies für the 90th

KARON, Paul: "Chargeback not ready for client/server"
Computerworld 22. Aug 1994, vol: 28, iss: 34

KELLER, Ted C.: "Tipping toward chargeback"
Software Magazine, Sept 1993, v13 n13

KOLAND, Cordell: "It's a cinch to sync mobile users files."
Datamation, 15. Oct. 1994, v40 n20

MASSEY, Judith: "Internal affairs"
Which Computer?, March 1994, v17 n3

MCKINNON, et al.: "Mapping chargeback systems to organizational
environments" MIS Quaterly, March 1987, v11, n1

MCEVOY, Carol: "Achieving cost effictive operations", 1990,
Conference: Network Management. Proceedings of the
International Conference.

PAUL, Luren Gibbons: "The meter's running; network chargeback
is becoming essencial to divvy up the expenses for your IT services"
AND ,Chargeback models keep IT competitive"
both in: PC Week, 10. Oct. 1994, v11 n40

PEDERSEN, Douglas: "A chargeback case study: implementing a
resource chargeback system at a university research center"
Data Base Monthly, June 1987, v7 n8

RAGHUNATHAN, b: "A discriminant analysis of the relationship
between IS charging systems and organizational variables"
Omega, Jul 1994, vol: 22, Iss: 4

RINALDI, Damian: "Reviewing corporate chargebacks.",
Software Magazine, 15. May 1993, v13 n8

RUTH, Gregory et al: "Usage-based cost recovery in internetworks"
Business Communications review, 1992, v22, n7

SPIEGEL, Leo: "Fixed-cost model adds more value to IS service"
Info world, 25, July 1994, v16 n30

SLOMAN et al: "Domain management and accounting in an internat.
Cellular network" IFIP Transactions C, 1993, vol C-12

SALAMONE, Salvatore: "Controlling LAN management costs"
Business Communications review, Dec. 1994, v24 n12

VANLENGEN, Craig A: "Chargeback and naturity of IS use"
Capacity Management Review, Aug. 1994, vol: 22, Iss: 8

VARLEY, Barry: "Usage accounting in distributed systems"
IEE coloquium on Network Management, 4. Oct. 1991

Bill Bolton

May 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/9/95
dgru...@cosy.sbg.ac.at (Dieter Grubner) wrote:

>But in the C/S world hardware-costs are just about 15% (Gartner
>Group, see literature below). People in charge of the network
>cost much more. So it is necessary to think about new methods
>of distribute the costs of the network.

I attended a Gartner "Pacific Insights" briefing last week and they
are now saying it is down to just over 10%! That should appear in the
resarch notes in a month or so.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton billb...@acslink.net.au
Sydney, Australia

driv...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2014, 6:11:47 AM2/2/14
Dr.Ivan sell dumps (infromation from magnetic strips of credit and debit cards):

Minimal order 5pcs from now of a 1 bin only (not allowed 2 dumps from 1 bin, 1 from another and 2 from 3rd).

Payment methods
BitCoin / 10% fee (we are using btc-e weighted average rate to convert USD in BTC) / no minimum
WesternUnion, MoneyGram / 10% fee / 500$ minimum per transaction
WebMoney no mimimum
PerfectMoney is not accepted

Prices
USA:
Classic:20$
Gold:30$
Platinum and others:35$;
AmEx: 40$;
Disco: 30$

EU, ASIA 201:
Classic:
65$
Gold:80$
Platinum and others:95$
AmEx 80$
Others 80$

EU, ASIA 101:
Classic:85$
Gold:110$
Platinum and others:120$;
AmEx 80$
Others 80$

Popular bins are always more expensive then usual ones.

Replace policy
No replace codes: APPROVAL 00; DECLINE 51; CALL 01
Declined CITIBANK dumps NO REPLACE
Dumps from update NO REPLACE
EU, ASIA dumps NO REPLACE
Too many complaints means we will check bins validity and if you lie NO REPLACE

You should know
You pay UPFRONT always NO TESTS NOTHING FREE!
We sell ONLY DUMPS track1+track2 and track2 and NOTHING ELSE
You pay order cost ALWAYS UPFRONT. No delivery until payment is completed
No advices and about dumps
Service rules can be changed at any moment w/o customers notifications

For conact use icq: 10296

email: dr....@safe-mail.net

driv...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2014, 6:28:39 AM2/2/14