NATO thread specs

MM

Apr 19, 2005, 6:23:45 PM4/19/05
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know where to get NATO thread specifications. Specifically for
respirator (gas mask) canisters where they screw into the mask. They look
kinda like plastic bottle threads. The only information I was given was NATO
DIN 40, 40 being 40mm major diameter. I was also given a sample cannister,
but the molded plastic has lost alot of the detail. This is for a
test/calibration adapter for these masks, so it has to fit all masks that
use that particular thread mounting configuration. If I design the threads
within the tolerance of the spec., it should work with everything. If I
reverse engineer it from what I have, who knows.

I did some searching on NATO specs. Never dealt with them before, but they
appear to be an international military standard similar to our MIL spec..
Tons and tons of information about everything. I was just wondering if
someone here has already been there.

Regards

Mark

Cliff

Apr 20, 2005, 7:33:43 AM4/20/05

Mark,
Try a search at http://www2.din.de/index.php?lang=en for
NATO or for the (unmentioned) DIN standard.
The NATO search comes up with several fittings but ....
not much, really.
--
Cliff

MM

Apr 20, 2005, 1:41:33 PM4/20/05
Cliff,

Thanks for looking.

I finally found it. The specs. are contained in an obscure document called
STANAG-4155

Couldn't find it for free, had to by it. Thirty bucks for an 11 page
document !

Regards

Mark

"Cliff" <Clhu...@aol.com> wrote in message

Cliff

Apr 20, 2005, 5:02:48 PM4/20/05
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:41:33 GMT, "MM" <ma...@nospam.net> wrote:

>Cliff,
>
>Thanks for looking.

I do try to help <G>.
Often the "orphan posts" that nobody else
has bothered to respond to get a bit of research hunting
answers.

Where did you find yours? Others might hunt
there in the future ... and how did you find where
to hunt?
--
Cliff

MM

Apr 20, 2005, 6:02:30 PM4/20/05
Cliff,

> Where did you find yours? Others might hunt
> there in the future ... and how did you find where
> to hunt?

It was pretty convoluted. I wound up at a site that has every military spec.
in existence. (for a price)

http://global.ihs.com

Cliff

Apr 20, 2005, 8:04:32 PM4/20/05

Thanks for the info.

That's"Information Handling Systems". Been about for
a long time. They used to supply tapes for purchasing folks ....
huge databases & professional librarians on staff to sort it all
out ....

Next time someone asks for mil specs I'll try to
remember that I saved the link and suggest trying it.
I've some others similar saved away too but did not
check them, only having DIN, NATO & thread to go by.
--
Cliff

CHRISB

Nov 27, 2019, 11:18:15 PM11/27/19
replying to MM, CHRISB wrote:
can you help me locate this spec, could not find it when searching on the
global.ihs site, thanks.> STANAG-4155

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/solidworks/nato-thread-specs-30530-.htm