Specific Surface Srea calculation

michae...@my-deja.com

Jan 31, 2001, 6:47:10 AM1/31/01

Does anyone know how to calculate a specific surface area of
a model?

I have tried:-
Using Tools>Mass Properties, here you get the entire surface
area calculated, which I do not want.

Using Tools> Measure, here I can calculate one face but not
multiple faces.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

per_o_hoel

Jan 31, 2001, 11:35:21 AM1/31/01
Mike,

For determining the total surface area for just a portion of the
outer "skin" of your part, you'll have to use Tools/Measure for each of
the desired faces and then add the results together.

It's too bad that a connected series of faces (knit together) can't be
measured as a single entity...

Per O. Hoel
In article <958tvt$3mv$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

dv...@my-deja.com

Jan 31, 2001, 12:45:01 PM1/31/01
you can try doing a "split line" projected on to a surface and just
measure that specific surface.

Don V

In article <958tvt$3mv$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

John Picinich

Feb 1, 2001, 9:59:42 AM2/1/01
Check out Joe Jones website at www.nhcad.com

He has a macro developed in an Excel worksheet that will calculate the
surface area for selected surfaces (faces).

Hope this helps.

John Picinich

Joe Jones

Feb 1, 2001, 8:30:11 PM2/1/01
If you want to download the excel VBA program directly use
http://www.nhcad.com/zipped/surfacesum.xls or if you want to browse a host
of other utilities then snoop around the whole website http://www.nhcad.com

Cheers,
|===========================================
| Joe Jones j...@nhcad.com
|
| New Hampshire CAD http://www.nhcad.com
| Lebanon, NH 03766
|
| Mechanical Design and Custom Programming
| SolidWorks Research Partner
| Online SolidWorks API Tutorial
|===========================================

"John Picinich" <jo...@cadimensions.com> wrote in message

goldappinst...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2013, 4:12:34 AM4/18/13
Gold APP Instruments Corporation China is specialized in laboratory, research and analytical instruments making.

Our analyzers cover F-Sorb X400CE series based on flow nitrogen adsorption and V-Sorb X800 series rely on static volumetric principle for surface area and pore size analysis. Further, a high pressure volumetric gas sorption H-Sorb 2600 and the revolutionary gas Pycnometer true density analyzer G-DenPyc 2900 left other components far behind.

Dealers, distributors, agents, wholesalers are recruiting currently. If you interest pls let us know.

Gold APP Instruments Corp. China
Web: www.jinaipu.com/ www.app-one.com.cn
Tel.: 0086-10-82133318 Ext.810
Fax: 0086-10-82118197
Mobile: 0086-18210009838
IMs:
MSN: gol...@msn.com
Skype: Gold-APP-Instruments
Yahoo: goldappin...@ymail.com
Gtalk: goldappinst...@gmail.com

We can provide materials for tender or bid/binding documents, such as authorization letter, technology compliance data sheet, also can offer some experiences in invitation for bids, bid security form, checklist, submission of bids, technical bid, price schedule, performance security, commercial bid and so on.

Vince

Aug 6, 2019, 4:55:33 PM8/6/19
Using Tools>Measure but then expand the measurement window.
It will show a "Total Area: XXX" in the output field in the bottom pane of the expanded Measure window.