I can't live without it, can you?

Kirsty Johnson

Mar 8, 2001, 5:36:40 PM3/8/01
I would be interested in finding out which "add ons" you cannot live without
(to see if I am missing any) and any groups of key-ins.
I assume I will lose all of these when I go to V8. Obviously it is
Discipline driven.
I suppose you could cut and paste, adding your own

ARCHITECTURE
Info Snap
Info Glider
Chgcase changes the case of text
sscloud.ma draws a cloud
celldmp104 takes a cell library and dumps it to a design file
cellutil.ma so I can delete cells on mass
co2wt converts colour information to line weights
hide turns a level view off
lock2d forces elements on to a fixed z height
modz.ma flattens elements to a "z" height by fence all or
individually
seo.ma scales cells about their insertion point

komae

Mar 8, 2001, 6:23:29 PM3/8/01
For me,
popset.ma
eagleeyye
civtools
hold.ucm

keyins

DIMENSION PLACEMENT MANUAL
DIMENSION PLACEMENT AUTO
DIALOG DIMPLACE
am=komae.mnu,fk
PLACE FENCE;%D;%D;FENCE DELETE;%D;PLACE FENCE;UPDATE VIEW;%D;NULL
place fence;%d;%d;fence change unlock;%d;place fence;null command
place fence;%d;%d;fence stretch;%d;%d;place fence;null command
copy view

Here's a start.

Bear.

Andrew Novinc

Mar 8, 2001, 8:44:12 PM3/8/01
For me a must have is a digitizing tablet with 16 button puck and command
menu.

Andrew Novinc.

Thomas Voghera

Mar 8, 2001, 9:02:06 PM3/8/01
Don't forget
Robs Toys

Thomas V

Thomas Voghera, TVAK
Box 8215, 163 08 SPÅNGA, SWEDEN
Tel +46 8 56471414 Fax +46 8 795 7587 Mob +46 7069 71414
e-mail: thomas....@tvak.net

komae

Mar 8, 2001, 10:47:50 PM3/8/01
I forgot to add viewfront.ma

A must 3D mdl....

Bear.

Simon Wurster

Mar 8, 2001, 10:45:10 PM3/8/01
I'll add (all free, too!):
barmenu.ma - what Settings Manager should have been
celltool.ma - fun with cells
dmplines.ma - like the cellutil feature that draws each custom line style
gridutil.ma - draws a map grid and labels it
qsnap.ma - say bye-bye to tentative snaps
sscloud.ma - revision clouds
steel.ma - steel shapes
stringul.ma - changes case of text
stripfp.ma - removes "save full path" of ref files
welddlg.ma - weld symbols
dgndoc.ba - reports on almost everything about a design file
snapshot.ba/restore.ba - saved view that includes reference files
refsym.ba - changes reference file level symbology
refchng.ba - renames reference file attachments

plus a bunch more proprietary stuff in Visual Basic and MicroStation Basic.

But it'll take months to update the macros for V8, and probably years to get the
updates for the MDLs. This fact alone will dictate whether we lean towards V8 or
stick with J. Sounds like V5->95 all over again, execept the prospects are
looking a lot darker...

Simon

--
Remove NOSPAM from my address if replying.

Keith Laurie

Mar 8, 2001, 10:45:47 PM3/8/01
Eagle Eye would be great, but then it never worked for me in J anyway, so I
haven't used it for ages.

Doesn't Popset come as an intergral part of it anyway (and better looking)?

I have it on good authority that something closely resembling Infosnap will
be added before release, so we can all breath again. All hail the "Z" man!

SScloud would be another on my "A" list.

Keith Laurie

"komae" <ko...@octa4.net.au> wrote in message

Jack

Mar 9, 2001, 6:51:49 AM3/9/01
Draftpak

Jack

"Kirsty Johnson" <Kirsty...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Kirsty Johnson

Mar 9, 2001, 6:43:48 PM3/9/01
Ping!

stripfp.ma - removes "save full path" of ref file

Where may I find this one (note the polite and respectful tone of the
request)

Anthony

Robert M.

Mar 9, 2001, 11:48:25 PM3/9/01
Oh dear, I just deleted a whole stack of MDL code
:-(