V8 beta C1 - plot text element

markoba

Oct 24, 2001, 6:18:47 PM10/24/01
Greetings all

Is there a way to plot text elements scaled (1:50, 1:100...) without scaling
the dgn file ? (es: with a pentable??)

Any ideas ????
Thanks in advance,

Marco B.

default

Oct 25, 2001, 8:47:42 AM10/25/01
Marco,
I have a basic macro that is a "pentable print element hook" function ..
Steps your need to do ..
Create a basic macro and name to whatever you like..
Add the following code:
function userPlot_element (elm as MbeElement) as long
Dim scaleValue as double
Dim org as MbePoint
Dim status as integer
Dim oldTextHeight as double
Dim oldTextWidth as double
Dim CharWidth as double
Dim CharHeight as double
Dim textValue as string

if elm.type = mbe_text then
charHeight = elm.CharHeight
charWidth = elm.CharWidth
if MbeSettings.textHeight <> CharHeight then
scaleValue = MbeSettings.textHeight / CharHeight
status = elm.getstring (textvalue)
'print " text ="+textValue+" scale =",scaleValue
status = elm.getOrigin(org)
status = elm.scale (scaleValue, scaleValue, scaleValue, org)
end if
end if
userPlot_element = Mbe_elemNormal
end function
sub main
end sub

Under the Basic Editor when creating the macro:
Choose > Edit Program entry point.. Create a New Entry point ..
Select the Pen Table Print Element Hook and include the "Name " of the
function ( userPlot_element)
Save the basic macro and exit the editor.
______________________________________

Now all you have to do is create the pen table and call the basic macro and
function name.
In the output action of the pen table
Master Control > scroll to "Call Basic Macro Function" and select the basic
macro you have created..
Also include the function name: Function Name > userPlot_element
Save the Pen Table ..
The basic macro will scale all text in the dgn and reference files to the
current Text Height and Text Width Settings.
So when the pen table is loaded and you preview your print , you should see
all text preview to the current tx = and tw= settings.

If you have problems or need assistance I can supply you with an example
macro and pen table ..

Vinny Passalacqua ( Bentley)

"markoba" <mar...@libero.it> wrote in message

markoba

Nov 4, 2001, 4:46:57 PM11/4/01
Vince,
thanks for your help!
I have tryed your macro with a positive result.
I will modify the macro because I need various values of "TH" and "TW" for
my different text elements, but it's ok.
Bye
Marcoba
(sorry for my bad english)

"default" <vince.pa...@bentley.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

andrew...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 9:38:40 AM1/26/16
Hello, I too am embarking on such a project and would greatly benefit from a copy of the macro file and pentable if still available?
I'm using MicroStation v8i and for some reason my pentable th4rows an error when trying to find the hook function in my macro.

Thanks in advance,
Andy Womsley