Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

does Microstation have MTEXT capabilities?

304 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Tazilla

ongelezen,
4 aug 2000, 03:00:0004-08-2000
aan
hello, sportsfans..have a newbie here...tryin out uStation...in ACAD, there
is a text function called MTEXT, where instead of one line of text being
considered an entity, several lines can be treated as one entity...almost
like a block...does Microstation have the same capability for its text
entities?

Dean

ongelezen,
4 aug 2000, 03:00:0004-08-2000
aan

When you are typing in your text in the Text Editor dialog, just hit
enter to start a new line of text. When placed, this becomes a "text
node" element (element=entity), which is a complex element consisting
of the "node" (which looks like a + with a number on it) and the text
elements that make up the text.

The line spacing value determines the space between lines of text, and
also the space between elements and text when using commands such as
"place text above".

If the text node appears when you place the text, you can turn off it's
display with the "view attributes" dialog (found on the "Settings"
menu). They will plot if visible.

If you drop a text node, each line of text becomes an individual text
element. (Drop=explode)

Most of the text commands, like "fitted", only allow a single line of
text.

Dean

In article <som8cf...@corp.supernews.com>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jeff Stuyvesant

ongelezen,
4 aug 2000, 03:00:0004-08-2000
aan
Yes. There is no special / separate function to do multi-line text in
MicroStation. You may need to set the preferences to use the inherent
dialog box text editor (Workspace>Preferences... ; Text ; Text Editor Style:
Dialog box). Text placed may be Multi-line. MicroStation's multi-line
text, however, does not have the enhanced capabilities that AutoCAD's Mtext
has: only one font per piece of text; only one weight (or color) per piece
of text, etc.

Tazilla <narb...@hugoreed.com> wrote in message

CaddCop

ongelezen,
4 aug 2000, 03:00:0004-08-2000
aan
MicroStation has a text node. It can be created by simply
placing text with carriage returns to begin new lines.

There is an additional setting - Line Spacing which is the
measurement between two lines of text, ignoring decenders
(jyqg).

Unlike MTEXT, there can be no swithing font styles within a
single text node. If you want to import a paragraph of text, you
can use the Include <filename> command.

There are also some new justifications with text nodes. Ignore
the paragraph or margin justifications (far left and right) and
stick with the same nine that standard text use.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Dave Preston

ongelezen,
5 aug 2000, 03:00:0005-08-2000
aan
And one more thing, to add :-
You only define the insertion point in MicroStation, not a rectangle like
AutoCad. If you want the text to autowrap you can change the line length,
but as you see the text alter dynamically as you type it you know where to
put the linefeeds, so it is not necessary.
You can also change any of your text / attribute settings, and see the
changes dynamically, right up until you have positioned your text. You can
of course change them after, but the big benefit is that you know exactly
what you will get as you do it.
You will find that changing settings dynamically is one of MicroStation's
strong points.

--
Regards
Dave Preston.

Tazilla

ongelezen,
5 aug 2000, 03:00:0005-08-2000
aan
thanks for the answer, guys...really helped out..got another one for u
all...in ACAD, there is a routine that can turn regular text into
mtext...ex. I can have 5 lines of text, each line an entity...when I use the
routine, ACAD turns those 5 lines of text into one MTEXT entity...can
Microstation do that?..or do I need an outside routine to accomplish
this??..thanks

--

Alfred Narbaiz
Secretary - South Plains AutoCAD Users Group

Come see us at:
http://www.spaug.org/

Pentium II-400
256M Ram
Win NT 4.0 w/SP6
Autocad2000
Eagle Point 2001 Q1 C
MS Windows Network License

AKSeidel

ongelezen,
6 aug 2000, 03:00:0006-08-2000
aan

Tazilla wrote:

> thanks for the answer, guys...really helped out..got another one for u
> all...in ACAD, there is a routine that can turn regular text into
> mtext...ex. I can have 5 lines of text, each line an entity...when I use the
> routine, ACAD turns those 5 lines of text into one MTEXT entity...can
> Microstation do that?..or do I need an outside routine to accomplish
> this??..thanks

Yes there is an mdl utility for that, but someone else will have to
provide the information. I would like to know what Acad routine turns
regular text into mtext. I don't think Acad R14 has that ability out of
the box unless you are refering to moving the text into and out of the clipboard.

AKS

GHouck

ongelezen,
6 aug 2000, 03:00:0006-08-2000
aan
AK and Tazilla,

I don't know if this was similarly responded-to, but you
can:

1. Select Text with Selection-Tool (or Select-By)
2. Edit >> Copy (or Ctrl-C)
3. Edit >> Paste Special (Text To Design File)

It seems to create a Text-node from the selected Text-strings.
It will also realign all of the Text-strings, since they have
to be oriented around the Text-node origin.

Yours,

Geoff Houck
systems hk
hk...@teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~hksys

Dave Preston

ongelezen,
6 aug 2000, 03:00:0006-08-2000
aan
Geoff strikes again. I don't know how much you get paid, but you're worth
more.
By the way, you can use Ctrl + X to cut the text, rather than copy it,
assuming you are replacing it with the text node.

--
Regards
Dave Preston.
Software Development Engineer
C.A.Design Services Ltd
e-mail : dpre...@cadesign.demon.co.uk
www : www.cadesign.demon.co.uk

"GHouck" <hk...@teleport.com> wrote in message

GHouck

ongelezen,
7 aug 2000, 03:00:0007-08-2000
aan
Dave Preston wrote:

> Geoff strikes again. I don't know how much you get paid, but you're worth
> more.
> By the way, you can use Ctrl + X to cut the text, rather than copy it,
> assuming you are replacing it with the text node.
>
> --
> Regards
> Dave Preston.
> Software Development Engineer
> C.A.Design Services Ltd
> e-mail : dpre...@cadesign.demon.co.uk
> www : www.cadesign.demon.co.uk

Dave,

Thanks ... this one I found by accident, as many of my revelations
come to me. You're right though, I don't get paid enough, so now
tomorrow (today?) I start a new job, but unfortunately it will have
nothing to do with MicroStation. So, other than the occasional request
from current lingering clients, I'm transforming into an Oracle/Unix
guy, with not a bit of MicroStation under my fingernails. I even
installed Linux on my TD-320 for a 'practice' bed -- that's how
rusty I am.

It has been nice (and often humorous, and always enlightening) working
and conversing with you ladies and gentlemen, and I hope to keep coming
out here, and am also committed to fixing and distributing the various
applications I have promised ... it's just that my time is getting
shorter
and more precious.

What I REALLY need is to discovere a hitherto-unknown, very
wealthy relative, who wants to die and leave me enough money to allow
this to be a hobby, rather than a job ... alas, I'm the last of
my line.

Adieu,

Dan Tartaglia

ongelezen,
7 aug 2000, 03:00:0007-08-2000
aan
There is an MDL app called txt2node.ma that can accomplish this task. I posted
it on our FTP site: ftp://bsiftp:usa9...@ftp.bentley.com/pub/outgoing/ The
file to download is txt2node.zip. It's a blind download so don't be surprised
if you don't see any files there.

Dave Preston

ongelezen,
7 aug 2000, 03:00:0007-08-2000
aan
I hope you do drop in on the group still, as your input is always useful.
Good luck in your new career.

--
Regards
Dave Preston.
Software Development Engineer
C.A.Design Services Ltd
e-mail : dpre...@cadesign.demon.co.uk
www : www.cadesign.demon.co.uk

"GHouck" <hk...@teleport.com> wrote in message

kevans

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
Geoff,

I also wish you, good luck! Your posts have been interesting over the
years.
I too have had to drop Microstation as there are'nt any good support jobs in
UK anymore.

Hope you enjoy you new job as much as your old one.
Just remember, work should be fun. Work to live, not live to work.

Regards,

Karsten Evans
mailto:kev...@sgi.com

"Dave Preston" <da...@davepreston.greatxscape.net> wrote in message

> I hope you do drop in on the group still, as your input is always useful.
> Good luck in your new career.

Chris Zakrewsky

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
Best wishes from me too...

BTW, Why haven't you considered self-employment?

--
/Chris Zakrewsky

kevans wrote in message <96574733...@eeyore.reading.sgi.com>...

B. Shervey

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
Thanks for all of your good advise. Best of luck in your new endeavors.

Solo

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
At Mon, 07 Aug 2000 01:07:40 -0700, while Phillip Marlowe had his
feet on his desk and reading the paper, he noticed this by GHouck
at hk...@teleport.com:

> Thanks ... this one I found by accident, as many of my revelations
> come to me. You're right though, I don't get paid enough, so now
> tomorrow (today?) I start a new job, but unfortunately it will have
> nothing to do with MicroStation. So, other than the occasional request
> from current lingering clients, I'm transforming into an Oracle/Unix
> guy, with not a bit of MicroStation under my fingernails. I even
> installed Linux on my TD-320 for a 'practice' bed -- that's how
> rusty I am.
>
> It has been nice (and often humorous, and always enlightening) working
> and conversing with you ladies and gentlemen, and I hope to keep coming
> out here, and am also committed to fixing and distributing the various
> applications I have promised ... it's just that my time is getting
> shorter
> and more precious.

Goodbye, Good Luck and don't be a stranger. Thanx for the apps.

Inga Morozoff

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
Geoff, so you're leaving us?! Well, I wish you all the best the
future has to offer and many thanks for your contributions over
the past few years! Keep in touch!

Regards,
Inga Morozoff,
WorkPlace Wisdom Inc.

Dave Preston

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
How can we have a virtual leaving party. Any ideas ?.
I'm all for getting virtually drunk.

--
Regards
Dave Preston.
Software Development Engineer
C.A.Design Services Ltd
e-mail : dpre...@cadesign.demon.co.uk
www : www.cadesign.demon.co.uk

"B. Shervey" <bshe...@hiwsurveys2.com> wrote in message

Inga Morozoff

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
Cheers! (hic)

"Dave Preston" <da...@davepreston.greatxscape.net> wrote:
>How can we have a virtual leaving party. Any ideas ?.
>I'm all for getting virtually drunk.

Solo

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
At Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:41:36 +0100, while Dirk Pitt is sticking
his nose into yet another world-wide conspiracy, he noticed this
by Preston at da...@davepreston.greatxscape.net and rang up Solo
to warn him:

> How can we have a virtual leaving party. Any ideas ?.
> I'm all for getting virtually drunk.

I just virtually passed out. Hey! there's the virtual bouncer.
Hey bouncer, my friend Geoff can beat you up y'know! ...Now I'm
hungry, let's got get some virtual food; I'll virtually drive.
Let's ALL go down to the nearest 7-11 and buy ONE Slim Jim.
That'll create havoc with their (virtual) inventory.

Oooh, that virtual hangover.......

--
Solo

Bruce E. Irving

ongelezen,
8 aug 2000, 03:00:0008-08-2000
aan
Geoff gone, Rob and Mark have moved on. And Karsten too. This *is* a sad
state of affairs.

I myself am taking a bit of a leave from the MicroStation world. My current
position (just started a couple days ago) is my first job not directly
related to Integraph or Bentley software since 1984. I'm doing Java
development and I'm hopefull that I'll be back in the Bentley arena before
too long.

I do plan to continue lurking here (and maybe a post every few months).

Good luck, Geoff

Bruce Irving
B&R Master Ware, Inc.
http://www.brmw.com

"kevans" <kev...@sgi.com> wrote in message

Stefan Jager

ongelezen,
9 aug 2000, 03:00:0009-08-2000
aan
Cheers Dave! Bottoms up ... anyone for a new round?

Dave Preston wrote:

> How can we have a virtual leaving party. Any ideas ?.
> I'm all for getting virtually drunk.

Bear

ongelezen,
9 aug 2000, 03:00:0009-08-2000
aan
No, no.

Sit down.

My buy.

--
Bear
http://dropby.at/forwardthinking

"Stefan Jager" <stefan...@nospam.bentley.nl> wrote in message

SamuelG

ongelezen,
9 aug 2000, 03:00:0009-08-2000
aan
Sorry Guys,
I have come out without my wallet!
Sam

"Bear" <forward...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> New posting to comp.cad.microstation news group.
> Provided by the newsgroup-microstation "Majordomo" List Server

> To Un/Subscribe your self to any Bentley System, Inc. "Majordomo" list:
> via web : http://majordomo.bentley.com

thomas....@telia.com

ongelezen,
9 aug 2000, 03:00:0009-08-2000
aan
Geoff

Tank you for all your ínteresting posts over the years.

I will miss you.

Good luck in your new arena.

Thomas Voghera

> Thanks ... this one I found by accident, as many of my revelations
> come to me. You're right though, I don't get paid enough, so now
> tomorrow (today?) I start a new job, but unfortunately it will have
> nothing to do with MicroStation. So, other than the occasional
request
> from current lingering clients, I'm transforming into an Oracle/Unix
> guy, with not a bit of MicroStation under my fingernails. I even
> installed Linux on my TD-320 for a 'practice' bed -- that's how
> rusty I am.
>
> It has been nice (and often humorous, and always enlightening)
working
> and conversing with you ladies and gentlemen, and I hope to keep
coming
> out here, and am also committed to fixing and distributing the
various
> applications I have promised ... it's just that my time is getting
> shorter
> and more precious.
>

> What I REALLY need is to discovere a hitherto-unknown, very
> wealthy relative, who wants to die and leave me enough money to allow
> this to be a hobby, rather than a job ... alas, I'm the last of
> my line.
>
> Adieu,
>
> Geoff Houck
> systems hk
> hk...@teleport.com
> http://www.teleport.com/~hksys

Patrick Pirtle

ongelezen,
9 aug 2000, 03:00:0009-08-2000
aan
Let me add my best wishes to all the others. It has been a pleasure
following your posts over the past years. I know everyone appreciates the
help you've given. Good luck (you make your own) in your new career; post
and let everyone know how it's going.

Solo <solo...@yahoo.com.xxx> wrote in message

> At Mon, 07 Aug 2000 01:07:40 -0700, while Phillip Marlowe had his
> feet on his desk and reading the paper, he noticed this by GHouck
> at hk...@teleport.com:
>

> > Thanks ... this one I found by accident, as many of my revelations
> > come to me. You're right though, I don't get paid enough, so now
> > tomorrow (today?) I start a new job, but unfortunately it will have
> > nothing to do with MicroStation. So, other than the occasional request
> > from current lingering clients, I'm transforming into an Oracle/Unix
> > guy, with not a bit of MicroStation under my fingernails. I even
> > installed Linux on my TD-320 for a 'practice' bed -- that's how
> > rusty I am.
> >
> > It has been nice (and often humorous, and always enlightening) working
> > and conversing with you ladies and gentlemen, and I hope to keep coming
> > out here, and am also committed to fixing and distributing the various
> > applications I have promised ... it's just that my time is getting
> > shorter
> > and more precious.

SamuelG

ongelezen,
9 aug 2000, 03:00:0009-08-2000
aan
Hi Keith,
You didn't know I have long pockets and very short arms.
Regards,
Sam

"Keith Laurie" <cadman...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> New posting to comp.cad.microstation news group.
> Provided by the newsgroup-microstation "Majordomo" List Server
>

> Again?!
>
> Last time I go on a binge with you...
>
> Oh jeez Bear! Not Aussie beer again!
>

> Keith
>
> "SamuelG" <sam...@galilee.co.za> wrote in message

Dave Preston

ongelezen,
9 aug 2000, 03:00:0009-08-2000
aan
I've heard you can peel an orange in your pocket, and eat it with nobody
noticing. Is this true ?.

--
Regards
Dave Preston.
Software Development Engineer
C.A.Design Services Ltd
e-mail : dpre...@cadesign.demon.co.uk
www : www.cadesign.demon.co.uk

"SamuelG" <sam...@galilee.co.za> wrote in message

Keith Laurie

ongelezen,
10 aug 2000, 03:00:0010-08-2000
aan

Bear

ongelezen,
10 aug 2000, 03:00:0010-08-2000
aan
What do you mean Aussie beer.

I only drink Guinness or Stout.

I'll leave horse #### to those who can stomach it.

--
Bear
http://dropby.at/forwardthinking

"Keith Laurie" <cadman...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

GHouck

ongelezen,
10 aug 2000, 03:00:0010-08-2000
aan
Look at 'em; all my so called drinking buddies. Every
one of them passed out on the floor, nuzzling the
peanut shells, and sheez ... I even get to pay the tab.
What a going-away party this was. I'm just gonna have
to find a better class of virtual pals next time I go
out for a pint.

Well, I guess it's the thought that counts ... not that
any of these unconcious sots could think (or count) right
about now.

I won't be gone, just forgotten.

Thanks,

Geoff

SamuelG

ongelezen,
11 aug 2000, 03:00:0011-08-2000
aan
Well you should have warned us that we would be drinking Bear's home made
brew.
I came home mid-day with a virtual headache. Never again!!!

"GHouck" <hk...@teleport.com> wrote in message

0 nieuwe berichten