ArcINFO export program for GIS use of Microstation Data

Dave & Vera Willis

Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96

Does anyone know of a third party program that will deal with a variety
of spatial data processed in Microstation v.4 or v.5 that needs to be
exported in ArcInfo format?

Dave Willis
GIS Technician
Timberland Consultants
Nelson, B.C.
wil...@netidea.com

sonny

Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96

Dave & Vera Willis <wil...@netidea.com> wrote:
>Does anyone know of a third party program that will deal with a variety
>of spatial data processed in Microstation v.4 or v.5 that needs to be
>exported in ArcInfo format?

try the IGDSARC command in Arc/Info, or ASCII Loader from Intergraph (its
available for download at www.ingr.com

--
sonny parafina | FRIENDS? Who needs FRIENDS? All I need is
TerraMetrics | is the incessant beeping of the GPS!

Phil Chouinard [Bentley]

Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96

Dave & Vera Willis wrote:

> Does anyone know of a third party program that will deal with a
> variety of spatial data processed in Microstation v.4 or v.5 that
> needs to be exported in ArcInfo format?

Dave: MicroStation 95 is forward and backward compatible with those
*versions* of MicroStation. In a recent press release (found at
http://www.bentley.com/news/96q3/geolink.htm) this is quoted...

"In expanding the reach of GeoEngineering and MicroStation GeoGraphics,
Bentley also announced a new suite of GIS translators. These translators
will allow users to read and write other industry standard GIS formats
from within MicroStation GeoGraphics. The suite will support SDTS,
VPF/Digest, SAIF, and GIF as well as native file formats used by
ArcInfo, MapInfo, and Autodesk. (No translation is required between
MicroStation GeoGraphics and Intergraph's MGE.)"

============== One of "The People Behind MicroStation" ==============
Phil Chouinard - OTR Phone: (610) 458-5000
Bentley Systems Fax: (610) 458-1060
690 Pennsylvania Drive CompuServe: 75300,3376
Exton, PA USA 19341-1136 mailto:Phil.Ch...@Bentley.com
== MicroStation FORUM & Exhibition @ http://www.bentley.com/forum/ ==

GHouck

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

Dave & Vera Willis wrote:

> Does anyone know of a third party program that will deal with a variety
> of spatial data processed in Microstation v.4 or v.5 that needs to be
> exported in ArcInfo format?

Dave,

Redlands Software has an interactive/batch product that handles ArcInfo
(talk to Mr Robert Goldie, City of Portland, Oregon for reference). Don't
mention my name ...

Yours,

Geoff Houck
systems hk
hk...@teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~hksys

ajmcl...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2015, 3:52:41 PM2/10/15
On Wednesday, August 14, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Dave & Vera Willis wrote:
> Does anyone know of a third party program that will deal with a variety
> of spatial data processed in Microstation v.4 or v.5 that needs to be
> exported in ArcInfo format?
>
> Dave Willis
> GIS Technician
> Timberland Consultants
> Nelson, B.C.
> wil...@netidea.com

Wow, just realized how old this post is but anyway...

-If you happen to have Bentley InRoads installed with Microstation you can just start the "MAP" application, select the correct geographic coordinate system and then export to .shp

-If not, perhaps you can install a trial version of InRoads

-Or save as AutoCAD .dwg and use Civil 3D to export to .shp

-FME should also do it

Regards,
Aaron McLean, AScT
Civil Designer