skill open layout

Robin

Apr 30, 2010, 5:40:00 AM4/30/10
Hi all,

I got a question I want to make a skill code that opens a layout view
if it isn't open in a window yet. If its open already then focus it.
But I can't get it working. Sorry I'm very new to skill.
This is what I have:

if(//Some function to check if the design is open//) then
//put focus to window//
else
deOpenCellView("myLibrary" "cellname" "layout" "maskLayout" nil
"a")
);if

So I'm missing some key ingredients. Can anybody help me or give ne a
hint?

Thanks very much
Robin

Marc Heise

Apr 30, 2010, 10:35:26 AM4/30/10

Hi Robin,

I don't have the time to complete your code, just some hints:

;get all open cellviews ("open" might also be in VM only)
cells=dbGetOpenCellViews()

;search with a foreach/setof through the cells to find the
;cell with the desired name
;search in cell cells if cell~>cellName=="TEST"

;get the windowID for the open cellview( don't forget to check if
;this is !=nil)
win=geGetCellViewWindow(cell)

;raise the window or open new
hiRaiseWindow(win) or else ....

Marc

sumit...@gmail.com

May 9, 2013, 6:37:44 PM5/9/13
Hi Robin,
I have the exact same situation only that I just need to simply open the layout.Can you guide me a bit,I tried using the dbOpen function the same way you described above but it's not working.

Thanks
Sumit

Andrew Beckett

May 13, 2013, 10:08:50 AM5/13/13
What is not working? Are you using deOpenCellView or dbOpenCellView?
dbOpenCellView won't open a window, but deOpenCellView should...

Andrew.