Layer control of Calibre LVL with GDSII output format

chen_...@yahoo.com

Nov 30, 2007, 10:04:17 AM11/30/07
LAYOUT SYSTEM GDSII
LAYOUT PATH "layout_a.gds"
LAYOUT PRIMARY top

LAYOUT SYSTEM2 GDSII
LAYOUT PATH2 "layout_b.gds"
LAYOUT PRIMARY2 top

DRC RESULTS DATABASE "lvl.gds" GDSII // ASCII or GDSII
DRC SUMMARY REPORT "lvl.sum"
LAYOUT BUMP2 200

LAYER M1 31
LAYER V1 32
LAYER M2 33
LAYER V2 34
LAYER M3 35

LAYER M1_2 231
LAYER V1_2 232
LAYER M2_2 233
LAYER V2_2 234
LAYER M3_2 235

diff_M1 { M1 XOR M1_2 }
diff_V1 { V1 XOR V1_2 }
diff_M2 { M2 XOR M2_2 }
diff_V2 { V2 XOR V2_2 }
diff_M3 { M3 XOR M3_2 }

--------------------------
Question:

Notice that I am using GDSII as the format of output database.
But it happens that all check results are in the same layer (layer 0).
I need each check to output result into different layers.
How to make the report gds file generates different layers for each
check?

gmc_99

Dec 21, 2007, 4:11:38 AM12/21/07
Hi

you want to add something like this -

DRC CHECK MAP diff_M1 31 0
DRC CHECK MAP diff_V1 32 0
DRC CHECK MAP diff_M2 33 0
DRC CHECK MAP diff_V2 34 0
DRC CHECK MAP diff_M3 35 0

also you should think about adding a suffix to the output database _lvl so
when you read it back in you don't overwrite the original db

e.g. -
DRC RESULTS DATABASE "lvl.gds" GDSII _lvl

cheers
gmc

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcad.com/group/comp.cad.cadence/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcad.com/faq.html

Kalyan Sikder

Aug 17, 2021, 4:06:30 PM8/17/21

Is there a way to do the XOR operation for both GDSII and OASIS format LO database? I have already implemented the XOR for GDSII type files. I am working to do the same for OASIS with least amount of modification in my current code.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kalyan