Driver Needed for Plotter -- Need HELP..

aljo...@centuryinter.net

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
I am looking for a windows3.1, win95, or os/2 for an Amdek Amplott II pen
plotter. I have not been able to find drivers for anything others than dos
programs. It takes a Amdek driver and I have not found any compatible drivers
from other plotters. Anyone know if a driver exists?

Anyone know of any CAD package that will support this plotter?

Allen

Cliff W. Estes

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Try the Zdnet Driver Finder at
http://www.zdnet.com/wsources/driverfinder/

This and 8 other resources from my new Engineering
Resource Database available at http://www.basline.com/basline

--

Cheers,

*** Cliff W. Estes ces...@seanet.com ***
*** BaseLine Technology ph (425)882-7317 ***
*** 15834 NE 67th Place fax (425)882-7327 ***
*** Redmond, WA 98052 http://www.basline.com/basline ***
*** Home of BaseLine II, THE interactive hull fairing system ***
FREE BaseLine II Demo available at http://www.basline.com/basline
Shareware ScrBldr v1.03 available at http://www.basline.com/basline
Engineering Resource Database available at http://www.basline.com/basline

Richard Kanarek

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
Greetings.

Regarding...

aljo...@centuryinter.net wrote:

> I am looking for a windows3.1, win95, or os/2 for an Amdek Amplott II pen
> plotter. I have not been able to find drivers for anything others than dos
> programs. It takes a Amdek driver and I have not found any compatible drivers
> from other plotters. Anyone know if a driver exists?
>
> Anyone know of any CAD package that will support this plotter?
>
> Allen

My circa 1988 CCSD (Complete Computer Service Designer) CAD program
supports two Amdek plotters though neither model description exactly
matches the one you supplied. It also allows you to enter the few very
basic pen commands it uses should it not directly support a plotter.
(BTW, I understand that the retailer "CAD & Graphics" purchased the
rights to that elderly program some time ago. If your keen on a very
basic CAD program that uses a minimum of key strokes, you might want to
give them a call and see if they have any dusty copies they'd want to
get rid of cheap. Probably a few years too late but perhaps worth a
try.)

If you'd prefer a newer CAD program, DesignCAD is the progeny of CCSD
CAD. Though I haven't checked, presumably DCAD must support at least the
two Amdek plotters CCSD did.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Richard Kanarek

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
Addendum.

Regarding...

Richard Kanarek wrote:
> My circa 1988 CCSD (Complete Computer Service Designer) CAD program
> supports two Amdek plotters though neither model description exactly
> matches the one you supplied. It also allows you to enter the few very
> basic pen commands it uses should it not directly support a plotter.
> (BTW, I understand that the retailer "CAD & Graphics" purchased the
> rights to that elderly program some time ago. If your keen on a very
> basic CAD program that uses a minimum of key strokes, you might want to
> give them a call and see if they have any dusty copies they'd want to
> get rid of cheap. Probably a few years too late but perhaps worth a
> try.)
>
> If you'd prefer a newer CAD program, DesignCAD is the progeny of CCSD
> CAD. Though I haven't checked, presumably DCAD must support at least the
> two Amdek plotters CCSD did.

I just checked DesignCAD 6.0 (almost the late version they made for DOS)
and:
a. It still only supports the same two Amdek plotters:
Amdek Amplot II Amdek DXY 100
b. It seems to lack the ability to enter your own plotter codes (which
CCSD supported).

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Douglas

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
I'm in the same boat;>)

The only way I found around the problem is to use GENERIC CAD. It still supports
the AMDEK plotter. I hate to go through the BS but it is a good little plotter.

Douglas

Scott J. Nilsen

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
Cadkey Ver. 7.x (Last DOS version) supports that plotter :)