cadence ic5141

Jan

Jan 26, 2009, 10:35:05 AM1/26/09
to sp...@tet.uni-hannover.de
Hi I am pretty new to Cadence Administration. We have encountered the
following problems to which I found no suited solution yet. Our OS is
CentOS 4.7 (x86_64).

Everytime I click right on any view in the Cadence Library Manager the
Library Manager crashes with the following error message:

X Error of failed request BadWindow (invalid window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 38 (X_QueryPointer)
Resource id in failed request: 0x25
Serial number of failed request: 83739

It is posible to open any view by double clicking onto it but then it
opens in read-only mode (not a big problem cause you can make it
editable by clicking on Design - Make editable or press control + O).
But now we want to use Verilog-A views and if you open them by
doubleclicking they are read-only and there is no way to make them
editable.

Open the Verilog-A views with control + O gives the following error
message:

WARNING editFile: X Error of failed request: BadAtom (invalid Atom
parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 20 (X_GetProperty)
Atom id in failed request 0x48
Serial number of failde request 20

No clue...

The CDS.log file shows some Warnings:

*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'schHdlCrossViewString',
in tool[.partition] 'schematic' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'schHdlPrintCommand',
in tool[.partition] 'schematic' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'schHdlNetToInoutPort',
in tool[.partition] 'schematic' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'schHdlVerbose',
in tool[.partition] 'schematic' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'schHdlNetToInputPort',
in tool[.partition] 'schematic' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'schHdlNoHierarchy',
in tool[.partition] 'schematic' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'schHdlCrossViewCheck',
in tool[.partition] 'schematic' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'schHdlEditAfterError',
in tool[.partition] 'schematic' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'overlay',
in tool[.partition] 'asimenv.plotting' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envCyclicStringToIndex: could not find variable
'printNotation'
in tool[.partition] 'asimenv.userPref'
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'printNotation',
in tool[.partition] 'asimenv.userPref' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'value2',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.delay' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'nth1',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.delay' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envCyclicStringToIndex: could not find variable 'type2'
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.delay'
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'type2',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.delay' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'value1',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.delay' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'nth2',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.delay' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envCyclicStringToIndex: could not find variable 'type1'
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.delay'
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'type1',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.delay' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'theta1',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.riseTime' - it has not been
registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'theta2',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.riseTime' - it has not been
registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'theta1',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.slewRate' - it has not been
registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'theta2',
in tool[.partition] 'calculator.slewRate' - it has not been
registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'trlnPtsToTaper',
in tool[.partition] 'layout' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envCyclicStringToIndex: could not find variable
'guidedPathRoutingBoundary'
in tool[.partition] 'layout'
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'guidedPathRoutingBoundary',
in tool[.partition] 'layout' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'guidedPathMaintainConnections',
in tool[.partition] 'layout' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'guidedPathCreate',
in tool[.partition] 'layout' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'alignMethod',
in tool[.partition] 'layoutXL' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'alignSeparation',
in tool[.partition] 'layoutXL' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'alignApplySeparation',
in tool[.partition] 'layoutXL' - it has not been registered.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'alignDirection',
in tool[.partition] 'layoutXL' - it has not been registered.
Virtuoso XL: ignoredParams is a deprecated environment variable and
will be removed in a future release.
Use paramsToIgnore instead.
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'alignLayer',
in tool[.partition] 'layoutXL' - it has not been registered.
Virtuoso XL: ignoreNames is a deprecated environment variable and
will be removed in a future release.
Use propsUsedToIgnoreObjs instead.
*WARNING* envCyclicStringToIndex: could not find variable
'rowSTDInitOrient'
in tool[.partition] 'layoutXL.placement'
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'rowSTDInitOrient',
in tool[.partition] 'layoutXL.placement' - it has not been
registered.
*WARNING* envCyclicStringToIndex: could not find variable
'rowMOSInitOrient'
in tool[.partition] 'layoutXL.placement'
*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable
'rowMOSInitOrient',
[...]

and

*WARNING* Please check your Cadence installation. Invalid search
paths: ("/opt/cadence/ic5141/tools.lnx86/dfII/local")

I am grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance
Jan

Andrew Beckett

Jan 27, 2009, 2:45:32 PM1/27/09
to sp...@tet.uni-hannover.de
Some comments interspersed below:

Jan wrote, on 01/26/09 15:35:

> Hi I am pretty new to Cadence Administration. We have encountered the
> following problems to which I found no suited solution yet. Our OS is
> CentOS 4.7 (x86_64).

Well, this is an unsupported OS (i.e. Cadence do no testing on it), so caveat
emptor.

> Everytime I click right on any view in the Cadence Library Manager the
> Library Manager crashes with the following error message:
>
> X Error of failed request BadWindow (invalid window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 38 (X_QueryPointer)
> Resource id in failed request: 0x25
> Serial number of failed request: 83739
> Current serial number in output stream: 83739

I remember seeing this years ago with fvwm as my window manager - it was OK (if
my memory is correct) if I used the middle mouse button.

What window manager are you using? Most likely it's a bug in the window manager...

> It is posible to open any view by double clicking onto it but then it
> opens in read-only mode (not a big problem cause you can make it
> editable by clicking on Design - Make editable or press control + O).
> But now we want to use Verilog-A views and if you open them by
> doubleclicking they are read-only and there is no way to make them
> editable.

Most likely, you've got the following cdsenv setting somewhere:

cdsLibManager.main dblClickEditCellView boolean nil

The default is t.

> Open the Verilog-A views with control + O gives the following error
> message:
>
> WARNING editFile: X Error of failed request: BadAtom (invalid Atom
> parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 20 (X_GetProperty)
> Atom id in failed request 0x48
> Serial number of failde request 20
> Current serial number in output stream: 20

Again, bad window manager, bad OS maybe?

> No clue...
>
> The CDS.log file shows some Warnings:

Ditch the old cdsenv. It's full of obsolete cdsenv variables from older releases
(IC446 and earlier) - hence the many warnings.

Sorry, I've not seen this one before.

> I am grateful for any help.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jan