Help (object not parrellel with the current UCS)

someone

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
Greetings all
I have R14 and often get the message (object not parrellel with the current
UCS) when I use the PEDIT command to convert a line to a polyline. Any way
to solve this most frustrating problem?
thanks

BDESHAWN

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
Sure. Just type "UCS" "O" , select the line and then use your PEDIT
command.
--
Bill DeShawn
bdes...@prodigy.net

someone <s.ec...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<01bdc426$1a3193e0$4a54430c@default>...

Terry W. Dotson

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
someone wrote:

> I have R14 and often get the message (object not parrellel with the current
> UCS) when I use the PEDIT command to convert a line to a polyline. Any way
> to solve this most frustrating problem?

ToolPac's Object UCS Parallel Fix will correct the extrusion on a selection set
of ARC, CIRCLE, INSERT/ATTRIB, LINE, POINT, POLYLINE, LWPOLYLINE, SOLID, or
TEXT objects.

If you have only one drawing (fairly small) to fix, email it to me and I'll fix
it.

Follow the URL below to find out more.

Thanks, Terry

o-----------------------------------------------o
| ToolPac 4.0, a 400+ function collection |
| of Power Tools for all AutoCAD users. |
| Visit http://www.dotsoft.com for details. |
o-----------------------------------------------o
| Now available from the AutoCAD Plugin Store |
| http://www.cadplugins.com/PKSN101465/prod.htm |
o-----------------------------------------------o

Dennis Shinn

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
Greetings

"someone" <s.ec...@worldnet.att.net> posted the following

>Greetings all

>I have R14 and often get the message (object not parrellel with the current
>UCS) when I use the PEDIT command to convert a line to a polyline. Any way
>to solve this most frustrating problem?

A simple solution might be to set the ucs by entity (UCS/<E>ntity) and
select the offending line/object. Solids do not define a UCS but I suspect
that's not part of your problem.

Any idea how these lines got non-parallel in the first place? Are they
intended to be that way? You can only create a 2D polyline parallel to the
current UCS. You need to determine what that UCS was in which they were
created and restore it.

Another option (which requires an additional step) would be to explode the
polyline and pedit it back into one in the current UCS provided all the
endpoints lie on a plane.
'

Dennis Shinn

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
Greetings

"BDESHAWN" <bdes...@prodigy.net> posted the following

>Sure. Just type "UCS" "O" , select the line and then use your PEDIT
>command.

The "O" option (Origin) sets a new location for the xyz origin of the UCS.
I think what you might have intended is the "E" (Entity) option??

someone

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98

Dennis Shinn <jee...@halcyon.com> wrote in article
<6qn1un$8t1$4...@brokaw.wa.com>...

> Greetings
>
> "someone" <s.ec...@worldnet.att.net> posted the following
>

> >Greetings all
> >I have R14 and often get the message (object not parrellel with the
current
> >UCS) when I use the PEDIT command to convert a line to a polyline. Any
way
> >to solve this most frustrating problem?
>
> A simple solution might be to set the ucs by entity (UCS/<E>ntity) and
> select the offending line/object. Solids do not define a UCS but I
suspect
> that's not part of your problem.
>
> Any idea how these lines got non-parallel in the first place? Are they
> intended to be that way? You can only create a 2D polyline parallel to
the
> current UCS. You need to determine what that UCS was in which they were
> created and restore it.

I don't know. All the lines where drawn under the same UCS. The only thing
I did
was to use object UCS to set the current UCS to a line, now the one giving
me trouble.
BTW I encounter this problem when trying to convert a line to a polyline.

> Another option (which requires an additional step) would be to explode
the
> polyline and pedit it back into one in the current UCS provided all the
> endpoints lie on a plane.

I finally got around the problem by using the endpoints of all the
connected lines
to make one continuous pline with the pline command. This was what I was
trying
to accomplish from the start by using the join command. This is when I ran
into
the problem.
> '

JM

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
Yeah! don't draw the line as a 3D entity