lisp: entmod

Chris Huminski

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

Dear Sir,

Will someone kindly tell me what possible meanings these error messages
have:

"bad entmod list"

"bad entmod list value"

Here's a sample of how I'm trying to make the selected entities have
color=bylayer:

(setq en (ssname ss 0)
el (entget en)
prp2 (cons '62 '256)
prp1 (assoc '62 el)
sb (subst prp2 prp1 el)
)
(entmod sb)
(entupd en)

Is there anything wrong with that lisp?

Thanks,

Chris H

KHoriski

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

>Will someone kindly tell me what possible meanings these error messages<BR>
>have:<BR>
><BR>
>"bad entmod list"<BR>
><BR>
>"bad entmod list value"<BR>
><BR>
>Here's a sample of how I'm trying to make the selected entities have<BR>
>color=bylayer:<BR>
><BR>
> (setq en (ssname ss 0)<BR>
>el (entget en)<BR>
>prp2 (cons '62 '256)<BR>
>prp1 (assoc '62 el)<BR>
>sb (subst prp2 prp1 el)<BR>
> )<BR>
> (entmod sb)<BR>
> (entupd en)<BR>
><BR>
>Is there anything wrong with that lisp?<BR>
><BR>
>Thanks,<BR>
><BR>
>Chris H<BR>

I looks like you are attempting to swap '(62 256) for the objects' current code
62. In order to change an entity's color back to 'BYLAYER', you should just
remove the code 62 from the association list, entmod, and entupd.

If you have any problems, email me and I can send you a working example.

Ken Horiski
Detroit area consultant and trainer

Stephen Tate

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

Chris

It works fine under R14. You don't have to use the quote in the cons and
assoc functions but it works any way. What are you trying to modify?

Stephen Tate

(defun c:test ()
(princ "\nSelect an item : ")
(setq ss (ssget))

(setq en (ssname ss 0)

el (entget en)
prp2 (cons '62 '256)
prp1 (assoc '62 el)

sb (subst prp2 prp1 el)

)
(entmod sb)
(entupd en)

)

Chris Huminski wrote in message <6fb8rr$ckm$2...@usenet1.interramp.com>...
>Dear Sir,

>Will someone kindly tell me what possible meanings these error messages

>have:
>
>"bad entmod list"
>
>"bad entmod list value"
>

>Here's a sample of how I'm trying to make the selected entities have

>color=bylayer:

kottis...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2018, 1:15:34 PM10/17/18