How to print white text on coloured background?

Silvia Janssen

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

To print out control panel-labels I need to print white text on a
coloured background in Autocad 14 for Win95.

I have made a hatch with a solid red colour and put some Verana-mtext on
it. I made this text white or color 255 and it prints as black. They are
also shown as black on the display.

I also put some plines in white on it.
On the screen they are white, but when I print them they are black.

The hatch is printed perfectly red.

I print them on a Canon BJC210-colour inkjet printer.

Does anybody know a solution for this?

Thanks!

Silvia Janssen
jh...@pi.net

MD. RAZALE MD.NOR

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

In article <34b1c3fc...@news.pi.net>,
jh...@pi.net (Silvia Janssen) wrote:

>To print out control panel-labels I need to print white text on a
>coloured background in Autocad 14 for Win95.

Dear Silvia,
I don't think any printer can print/plot white color ??? maybe change that layer color(where
the text is) to slight gray so it will print out.

Roy Minut

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Silvia,

There is no such thing as a printing color of white, the paper that the
plot is being printed on is white. Keeping this in mind white is shown by
not printing anything! In order to do what you want you would have to
subtract the text from the backgroud color. Is it possible to do this, I
really don't know. Maybe some guru out there knows of a method. The only
thing I can think of is to make the backgroud color a 3d object (really
thin although it would have to have some thickness) and the letters would
have to have some width and using the boolean function subtract the letters
from the background object (after extruding the letters). This sounds like
an interesting project. I may play around with it after I get R14
installed, I'm in the process of upgrading and currently do not have any
version of AutoCAD installed.

--
Roy Minut :-)>
rmi...@diac.com

MD. RAZALE MD.NOR <mar...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<69a2ev$n...@dfw-ixnews12.ix.netcom.com>...

Jon Holden-Dye

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

I know that, in Drafix CAD (subsumed very recently by AutoDesk into "the
all new AutoSketch v5", because it beat the pants off LT), all you had
to do was create the text entities the size, position, font, etc. you
wanted and then use a right mouse button context-sensitive menu on the
text, to "Convert to polylines". Worked a treat with "Invert Pen Colors"
on the plot dialog. Downside was that, because it was no longer text,
you couldn't go back and edit it.
S'pose all the above is a bit irrelevant to you AutoCAD'ers. One example
of what a great rival AutoDesk managed to kill off.

Cheers, Jon

In article <01bd1e97$9b1ce8e0$4b2a40d1@royminut>, Roy Minut
<rmi...@diac.com> writes

>Silvia,
>
>There is no such thing as a printing color of white, the paper that the
>plot is being printed on is white. Keeping this in mind white is shown by
>not printing anything! In order to do what you want you would have to
>subtract the text from the backgroud color. Is it possible to do this, I
>really don't know. Maybe some guru out there knows of a method. The only
>thing I can think of is to make the backgroud color a 3d object (really
>thin although it would have to have some thickness) and the letters would
>have to have some width and using the boolean function subtract the letters
>from the background object (after extruding the letters). This sounds like
>an interesting project. I may play around with it after I get R14
>installed, I'm in the process of upgrading and currently do not have any
>version of AutoCAD installed.

--
Jon Holden-Dye
"I like to keep an open mind - but
not so open my brain falls out." (Anon.)

Magda

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

The only way to print true white from Cad is to use masking pens -- I have
done it a while ago with Acad 12 and I would think Acad 14 should still be
able to do it. I don't know how to set the pens but I know that once they
are set -- whatever you draw on top with a masking pen color assigned to it
-- will plot white.
--
^O^ Magda
m...@archsienna.com

Christoph Candido

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

MD. RAZALE MD.NOR <mar...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>I don't think any printer can print/plot white color ???

Most plotters *can* plot white color using HPGL/2 vector graphics
language. If you configure a Hewlett-Packard HPGL/2 ADI-driver you can
use pen #255 as white color. You can also substitute any pen color to
white color after plotting into a file and editing this file:

i.e. turning red color to white color: PC1,255,0,0 => PC1,255,255,255

Even if this doesn't help with a Canon-BJC printer, there will be some
workarounds:

1.) Using a HPGL converting software: i.e. PRINTGL, where you can
substitute pen colors.

2.) Using AutoCAD's PostScript output facilities (PSOUT) in
combination with GhostView (GhostScript). You can assign a white color
in ACAD.PSF.

3.) Maybe manually editing your Canon-BJC output file. Look into your
printers handbook and check if there's a possibility to define a white
color.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Christoph Candido
E-Mail: h854...@edv1.boku.ac.at
University of Agricultural Sciences
Vienna, Austria

Marta Wiliams

Feb 3, 2024, 11:33:46 PMFeb 3
✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅

✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

✅WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚 Really Amazing ️You Can Try This💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>
👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚CLICK HERE Full HD>720p>1080p>4K💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>
👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴ALL>VIDEOS>WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org