tscmd45.zip Useful NT/2000/XP script tricks and tips

Timo Salmi

Dec 23, 2007, 2:12:04 PM12/23/07
Sun 23-Dec-2007: After the many rounds of the FAQ collection the
updates naturally come farther apart. The previous update was in
May 2007. The new update now is

202569 Dec 23 2007 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tscmd.zip
tscmd45.zip Useful NT/2000/XP script tricks and tips, T.Salmi

It includes the following new items in the main FAQ file 1CMDFAQ.TXT
161} How do I test that the Windows Script Host is available?
162} Finding duplicate files in a directory tree
plus some additions and corrections here and there.

I have also updated many of the script files included in the
collection. Mainly, I have added a lockfile test to prevent running
duplicate copies of some of the slower scripts which use auxiliary,
temporary files for their tasks. I have also added some tests to
ensure that the path to the %TEMP% folder is present. And some
other, minor changes. Unless there are problems, these exotic
adjustments should be invisible to the user in running the scripts.

Furthermore, rewrote e.g. the following batch to give much more
information
"FULLNAME.CMD Display the full name of a file"

All the best, Timo

Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
mailto:t...@uwasa.fi <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FI-65101, Finland
Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html