Cam leaver latch weak on Ryzen 7000

skybuck2000

Jan 14, 2022, 9:49:15 AM1/14/22
See here:

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-next-gen-am5-lga-1718-socket-exposed-in-newly-leaked-renders

Make that cam leaver latch a bit wider so it don't snap off so easily cause it looks fragile as hell.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Quadibloc

Jan 14, 2022, 12:26:31 PM1/14/22
On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 7:49:15 AM UTC-7, skybuck2000 wrote:
> https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-next-gen-am5-lga-1718-socket-exposed-in-newly-leaked-renders
>
> Make that cam leaver latch a bit wider so it don't snap off so easily cause it looks fragile as hell.

And what I had heard was that it was going to avoid an issue found on Intel's LGA sockets - because
unlike theirs, it would ensure full contact across the whole surface of the package with the heatsink
on the fan or other cooling system.

John Savard

skybuck2000

Jan 15, 2022, 11:49:24 AM1/15/22
Yeah Yeah Yeah described in the source link I think.

I think you may not know what I am talking about, it's that tiny little thing that is supposed to hold the lever in place... zoom in onto the picture to see it better.

Would be stupid if it broke off... cause then that level flapping about.

And last time the whole fucking thing from AMD fell apart... they better make sure it's sturdy this time and not flimsy shit.

Bye,
Skybuck.