Alder lake is a big fail HAHA

skybuck2000

Nov 6, 2021, 2:13:34 AM11/6/21
Games are not working on this CPU <- say it like your best robot voice !

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088261/processors.html

The big ones are:

1. Mortal Kombat 11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ EVEN BIGER ^
3. Wolfenstein Youngblood !!!!!
^^^^^ OUCH

Some others:
4. Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
5. Far Cry Primal
6. For Honor
7. Far Cry New Dawn
8. F1 2019

For soccer nerds:
9. Fifa 19 en Fifa 20 LOL.

For fags watching backs:
10. Just Cause 4

For nerds without girlfriends ! LOL:
11. Shadow of the Tomb Raider*

For amiga nerds:
12. Shinobi Striker

For fight nerds:
13. Soulcalibur VI*

For sega nerds:
14. Team Sonic Racing

For race/car nerds:
15. Need For Speed Heat and Need for Speed – Hot Pursuit Remastered

And then there are 35 more titles !

Basically this CPU/CHIP is UNSELLABLE except for GRANNIES ! BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Those microcode patches/fixes better shit diamonds ! Or this processor line is DOOOOOOMMMMEEEEDDD !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Quadibloc

Nov 7, 2021, 1:23:13 AM11/7/21
On Saturday, November 6, 2021 at 12:13:34 AM UTC-6, skybuck2000 wrote:
> Games are not working on this CPU <- say it like your best robot voice !

But there's a fix already. Turn on the mode that lets your scroll lock key
disable the E cores, and then there's no problem.

And since the new Intel chip is the standard, the company that makes the
DRM will correct the issue, so that it doesn't mistake the presence of E-cores
for the game being run in a VM, and then the games will get patches. This
issue is not going to last long.

John Savard

Quadibloc

Nov 7, 2021, 1:28:57 AM11/7/21
> But there's a fix already. Turn on the mode that lets your scroll lock key
> disable the E cores, and then there's no problem.

This is called Legacy Game Compatibility Mode, and it's in the BIOS.

John Savard

Skybuck Flying

Sep 1, 2022, 10:57:06 AM9/1/22
This is pretty shitty, it reduces the cpu to an 8-core.

Now that ryzen 7950x is about to come out with 16-cores I think it's the nail in the coffin for this Adler Lake.

Though the idea of using scroll lock to disable cores is kinda funny, for people with expensive energy bill could cut some costs of energy bill.

Though kinda ironic that it disables the energy cores... well ok.. for gaming maybe not.

But consumer must remember to turn them back on, otherwise energy bill high again.

So it's a pretty failed product !

Any better fixes yet ? Just wondering...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Sep 1, 2022, 10:59:35 AM9/1/22
Ok to answer my own question, according to this website:

https://www.techradar.com/news/intel-alder-lake-cpus-are-now-fixed-for-all-games-with-drm

All gaming problems seem to be solved... hmmm...

I am not sure if I trust it... but ok... if it wasn't solved I am sure many gamers would have bitched about it by now, and the web be on fire ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Sep 1, 2022, 11:10:04 AM9/1/22
More problems with this particular chip:

https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-responds-to-alder-lake-cpu-bowing-issue/

The thing that holds it down seems to bend if I understand it correctly:

https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-responds-to-alder-lake-cpu-bowing-issue/

Causing air/gaps to form as indicated by the white light that can be seen coming out of/through it reducing contact area.

This is a bit alarming because AMD Ryzen 7000 chips are also switching to this same type of connectors, pins on motherboard and chip is flat pinned.

Also know as LGA... I hope AMD Ryzen 7000 won't have same issue ! ;)

My prediction that this Adler Lake was a doomed processor kinda came true lol, but I wish all you owners the best !

Fortunately there are creative fixes... like 3D printed push down things... ouch seems like a rushed, messy and ill-tested launch of intel.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Sep 1, 2022, 11:18:10 AM9/1/22
Hmm this was actually one of my concerns when I saw the heat spreader and lever design on AMD Ryzen Chip, it seemed a bit flimsy... if AMD listened maybe they can prevent this catastrophe from happening to Ryzen 7000 chips.

Seems very much so that Ryzen 7000 copied this intel design, at least from a quick glance from that video.

It amuzes and pleases me that now I have proven to have a good feel for this ! =D

Ader lake 12th gen socket lga 1700:
https://tweakers.net/nieuws/183690/details-van-intel-lga1700-socket-voor-alder-lake-cpus-verschijnen-online.html

Ryzen 7000 AM5 socket LGA1718-socket:

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/191964/uitgelekte-renders-tonen-volledig-ontwerp-van-am5-socket-voor-ryzen-7000-cpus.html

Comparing both they seem somewhat similiar...

Though AMD's version has the lever/handle grip a bit more center, not sure if that will help keep it down, maybe that is not the problem, and something else is the problem.

LGA 1718 sounds newer/like a higher version of LGA 1700.

So maybe LGA 1718 is a newer version, perhaps better.

But I am becoming a big nervous about this Ryzen launch ! ;)

Who designs these LGA sockets anyway ? ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Sep 2, 2022, 10:20:01 AM9/2/22
Now it makes me wonder if Intel faked the presentation of Alder Lake/12th gen as well like they faked others:

Intel Presentation faking cooling:
https://youtu.be/C51uCswTg34

From what I can remember about other presentations/Alder Lake/12 th gen I saw Intel sitting around a table, just babbling, maybe not showing fake product demos anymore.

Though somebody should go check Alder Lake/12th gen presentation to see if they faked it again.

I am short on time and I want to do other things.

Bye for now,
Skybuck :)