Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 2, 2005, 8:51:25 PM4/2/05
"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

gbofw.htm

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 3, 2005, 9:47:29 PM4/3/05

it had not this other point of
worshipping and loving God only.

676. The veil, which is upon these books for the Jews, is there also for
evil Christians and for all who do not hate themselves.

But how well disposed men are to understand them and to know Jesus Christ,
when they truly hate themselves!

677. A type conveys absence and presence, pleasure and pain.

A cipher has a double meaning, one clear and one in which it is said that
the meaning is hidden.

678. Types.--A portrait conveys absence and presence, pleasure and pain. The
reality excludes absence and pain.

To know if the law and the sacrifices are a reality or a type, we must see
if the prophets, in speaking of these things, confined their view and their
thought to them, so that they saw only the old covenant; or if they saw
therein something else of which they were the representation, for in a
portrait we see the thing figured. For this we need only examine what they
say of them.

When they say that it will be eternal, do they mean to speak of that
covenant which they say will be changed; and so of the sacrifices, etc.?

A cipher has two meanings. When we find out an important letter in which we
discover a clear meaning, and in which it is nevertheless said that the
meaning is veiled and obscure, that it is hidden, so that we might read the
letter without seeing it, and interpret it without understanding it, what
must we think but that here is a cipher with a double meaning, and the more
so if we find obvious contradictions in the literal meaning? The prophets
have clearly said that Israel would be always loved by God and that the law
would be eternal; and they have said that their meaning would not be
understood and that it was veiled.

How greatly, then, ought we to value those who interpret the cipher and
teach us to understand the hi