Making an easy to use helicopter!

Hasan K.

Jan 3, 2005, 7:27:55 PM1/3/05

I have been thinking about using some of my old electrical motors
(actuall 4 of them) and make a 4 engine helicopter, or something like
a helicopter.

I believe I can use a PIC or 8051 to controll them and by changing the
speed of each motor, I can controll the direction of the movement?

Anyone has done anything like this? Or knows if it was done before?

I will have a lot of free time soon and it would be a good time to
spend on this project and have fun this summer.

I do not want to make it batter operated, wire bound unit is good
enough for me, with short range and unlimited amount of power comming
from 220volt!

All comments are welcome,

/HK

Knut Eldhuset

Jan 6, 2005, 5:40:43 AM1/6/05
Hasan K. <hasan...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> I have been thinking about using some of my old electrical motors
> (actuall 4 of them) and make a 4 engine helicopter, or something like
> a helicopter.

> Anyone has done anything like this? Or knows if it was done before?

Here's a project for you to look into:
http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/200311/weimer/bxflyer.html

Also, do a search for DraganFlyer, which is a remote controlled 4 rotor
heli.

I want to try making one on my own when I get the time.

regards
--
Knut Eldhuset

"Linux is only free if your time has no value."
-Jamie Zawinski, founder of Mozilla.org

Farhad A.

Jan 6, 2005, 10:58:14 AM1/6/05
This is so cool!
Very interesting, but 5k is a lot of money!

Farhad A.
On 6 Jan 2005 11:40:43 +0100, Knut Eldhuset <knu...@pvv.ntnu.no>

Knut Eldhuset

Jan 6, 2005, 5:57:39 PM1/6/05
Farhad A. <n.e...@p.a.n.j.e.r.e.n.e.t> wrote:
> This is so cool!
> Very interesting, but 5k is a lot of money!

For some _really_ advanced 4 rotor helis, look here:
http://adg.stanford.edu/mesicopter/imageArchive/

regards,

Farhad A.

Jan 7, 2005, 4:16:09 AM1/7/05
Thank you very much,

Those are really amazing "toys". I was also into this some times ago.
I made one with 3 motors, but never mannaged to finish it up. I think
the main problem was I didn't have a good enough sensor (i made it
myself).

But, these are something really really amazing. Wonder if there is a
place to buy the propellers? and the mini motors?

BR,
/Farhad