Looking for some reading material

Nov 25, 2004, 4:02:06 AM11/25/04
Just done Computer Engineering as part of my first year at Uni, and it has
re-ignited the desire to get serious about what I do with computers.

The last time I did something like this was when Tandy had released the CoCo
3.

The recommended text was Microcomputer Engineering, but I was wondering if
there were any other book out there that would be helpful for someone who
has "lost their way" and needs a little helping hand to get back into
grass-roots computing.

duncanbojangles

Nov 25, 2004, 8:59:51 PM11/25/04

One of my favorites is "Digital Computer Electronics" by Albert Paul
Malvino. It's kinda old, but really good. I don't know of anything else
that's quite the same. You might want to check out the XGS at
<www.xgamestation.com> which is a game console meant to teach about
console hardware. Also check out Bill Buzbee's work at
<www.homebrewcpu.com>.

Nov 26, 2004, 3:38:50 AM11/26/04
"duncanbojangles" <duncanb...@cox-internet.com> wrote in message

> One of my favorites is "Digital Computer Electronics" by Albert Paul
> Malvino. It's kinda old, but really good. I don't know of anything else
> that's quite the same. You might want to check out the XGS at
> <www.xgamestation.com> which is a game console meant to teach about
> console hardware. Also check out Bill Buzbee's work at
> <www.homebrewcpu.com>.

Thanks for that.

Michael Latiolais

Jan 17, 2005, 11:41:12 AM1/17/05

You might try to hunt down some of Steve Ciarcia's books. They are
older, but give a good view of system design. I have learned a lot from
his "Build Your Own Z80 Computer". You can find it on ebay occasionally.