All my PDF files suddenly become Chrome HTML Document! Why?

Tianxiang Weng

May 28, 2021, 11:16:26 AMMay 28
Hi,
Overnight all my PDF files suddenly become Chrome HTML Document! Why?

Are there some new things happening with Adobe policy on their free Read DC software yesterday?

Thank you.

Weng

Craig Ruff

May 28, 2021, 7:13:51 PMMay 28
In article <0840cd10-be31-440e...@googlegroups.com>,
Did you install a Chrome update and it took ownership of PDF format
files? The browsers all tend to have built in PDF viewers now. I expect
that you can tell your OS that you prefer to use Adobel as the PDF viewer.

Tianxiang Weng

May 29, 2021, 3:06:51 AMMay 29
Craig Ruff,

> Did you install a Chrome update?
Chrome gets its update automatically and I don't have its control.

I found the reason that Chrome browser refreshed the read app attribute for all PDF files using Chrome Browser. See how to change pdf reading app: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHh8rK76bFs

After I changed it back to the Adobe app and all icons for pdf files returned to normal.

Thank you.

Weng

asra asbollah

Oct 2, 2021, 12:40:00 PMOct 2