Old versions of quartus

Chris Adams

Feb 8, 2022, 11:20:45 AMFeb 8
Intel have discontinued old versions or Quartus II.

For my project, I really really need Quartus II 12.0.

Does anyone know of a mirror or a way to obtain old versions? You cannot download from the site anymore.

Chris

Anssi Saari

Feb 9, 2022, 3:27:20 AMFeb 9
What about asking an FAE? That's usually how I've got old FPGA software
although it hasn't come up for me in since the early noughties. Big part
of that was, I've worked with Altera devices a lot and they used to be
good about this sort of thing. Still, I haven't really worked with
anything older than a Cyclone II recently (meaning last decade) and
looks like that's still supported.

Adam Górski

Feb 9, 2022, 6:00:52 AMFeb 9
Do you know how to find contact to Intel fpga FAE ?
Not being part of premier intel program of course.
I have tried through Mouser and Avnet. Failed completely.

If you find out , please share.

Adam

Adam Górski

Feb 9, 2022, 6:20:24 AMFeb 9
W dniu 09.02.2022 o 12:00, Adam Górski pisze:
Should be Arrow instead Avnet. My mistake.

Adam

Theo

Feb 9, 2022, 6:39:25 AMFeb 9
Chris Adams <ch...@chrisada.co.uk> wrote:
> Intel have discontinued old versions or Quartus II.

Argh, that's annoying. I probably should have cached some copies :-(

We do have random old versions lying around on CD, but I've been disposing
of those since they were all online.

A problem with using old versions is they typically need a licence key:
Altera previously offered free keys for old versions, but I'm not sure if
that's gone too.

> For my project, I really really need Quartus II 12.0.
>
> Does anyone know of a mirror or a way to obtain old versions? You cannot
> download from the site anymore.

Try this:
http://download.altera.com/akdlm/software/acds/12.0sp2/263/standalone/12.0sp2_263_quartus_free_linux.tar.gz
which is the best URL the Wayback Machine can offer me:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://download.altera.com/akdlm/software/*

The download URLs are typically fairly predictable, although they change the
formatting periodically. My quartus-install tool:
https://github.com/CTSRD-CHERI/quartus-install

goes back to 13.0sp1 - if I can find out the URLs for older versions I'll
add them (pull requests also welcome). It doesn't currently make much
effort for the Windows versions since we don't have a need for those, but no
reason why that couldn't be added.

Theo

dalai lamah

Feb 9, 2022, 6:39:49 AMFeb 9
Un bel giorno Adam Górski digitň:

>>> What about asking an FAE? That's usually how I've got old FPGA software
>>> although it hasn't come up for me in since the early noughties. Big part
>>> of that was, I've worked with Altera devices a lot and they used to be
>>> good about this sort of thing. Still, I haven't really worked with
>>> anything older than a Cyclone II recently (meaning last decade) and
>>> looks like that's still supported.
>>
>> Do you know how to find contact to Intel fpga FAE ?
>> Not being part of premier intel program of course.
>> I have tried through Mouser and Avnet. Failed completely.
>>
>> If you find out , please share.
>>
>> Adam
>
> Should be Arrow instead Avnet. My mistake.

Have you tried Intel directly? They have product forums:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-High-Level-Design/bd-p/high-level-design
https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA/ct-p/fpga
https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/bd-p/quartus-prime-software

--