FS: 40mHz, 25mHz Scopes

Norm

Dec 21, 2002, 5:08:00 PM12/21/02
25 mHz Tektronix 434 Storage Scope
$275.00

40 mHz Tektronix 1540 Scope
$305.00

Norm

Dec 21, 2002, 5:13:37 PM12/21/02
Sorry the 40mHz is a BK

Norm

Dec 21, 2002, 5:14:07 PM12/21/02

Norm

Dec 21, 2002, 5:14:26 PM12/21/02

Meindert Sprang

Dec 21, 2002, 6:33:17 PM12/21/02
"Norm" <sa...@engineer.com> wrote in message
news:4D5N9.787$8r7.20...@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...

> 25 mHz Tektronix 434 Storage Scope
> $275.00

What will a 25mHz storage scope do? Store a near-dc signal like the
discharge curve of a battery?

Meindert

Spehro Pefhany

Dec 21, 2002, 6:50:51 PM12/21/02

The rise time is almost identical to the average residency time
of a male in a washroom. Coincidence? I think not.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
sp...@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com

Jim Granville

Dec 21, 2002, 7:31:54 PM12/21/02
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:33:17 +0100, the renowned "Meindert Sprang"
> <mhsp...@NOcustomSPAMware.nl> wrote:
>
> >"Norm" <sa...@engineer.com> wrote in message
> >> 25 mHz Tektronix 434 Storage Scope
> >> $275.00
> >>

> >What will a 25mHz storage scope do? Store a near-dc signal like the
> >discharge curve of a battery?
>
> The rise time is almost identical to the average residency time
> of a male in a washroom. Coincidence? I think not.

Both possible uses, but what about Solar Cell tracking - this
bandwidth would avoid shadow flutter from Clouds/Birds/Aeroplanes ?
Be good for measuring grass growth too..
-jg

Mark Borgerson

Dec 21, 2002, 9:18:17 PM12/21/02
In article <3E0507...@designtools.co.nz>,
jim.gr...@designtools.co.nz says...
Or paint drying (with an appropriate sensor).

OK, OK, does someone want to explain to the OP the difference between
mHz and MHz now???

Mark Borgerson

CBFalconer

Dec 21, 2002, 9:58:01 PM12/21/02
Jim Granville wrote:

> Spehro Pefhany wrote:
> > <mhsp...@NOcustomSPAMware.nl> wrote:

> > > What will a 25mHz storage scope do? Store a near-dc signal
> > > like the discharge curve of a battery?
> >
> > The rise time is almost identical to the average residency
> > time of a male in a washroom. Coincidence? I think not.
>
> Both possible uses, but what about Solar Cell tracking - this
> bandwidth would avoid shadow flutter from Clouds/Birds/
> Aeroplanes? Be good for measuring grass growth too..

I can remember using state of the art 10 Mhz scopes from
Tektronix. These required distributed delay line amplifiers for
the vertical deflection, and we did a lot of useful work with
them. No storage.

The thing that would put me off on the offering is that storage
tubes are expensive and fragile. I would be highly suspicious
that it is and will remain functional. Much more useful is an
adequate set of delayed sweeps and multiple traces. The place for
storage was for sampling scopes, which could capture much higher
speeds of repetitive signals.

It would be quite suitable for hardware with clocks in the under 2
to 5 Mhz areas.

--
Chuck F (cbfal...@yahoo.com) (cbfal...@worldnet.att.net)

The Schippers

Dec 22, 2002, 1:32:07 PM12/22/02
If anyone wants a chuckle at Tektronix's expense, based on a true story,
email me at:

sadhna @ mts dot net.

I can't simply post it because you need to see a jpg to enjoy it.

Neil

Robin KAY

Dec 22, 2002, 1:33:06 PM12/22/02
The Schippers wrote:

> I can't simply post it because you need to see a jpg to enjoy it.

Put it on the web then, or email it to me and I'll put it on the web. We
all deserve a laugh ^_^.

--
Wishing you good fortune,
--Robin Kay-- (komadori)

Robin KAY

Dec 22, 2002, 2:25:16 PM12/22/02
Robin KAY wrote:

> The Schippers wrote:
>
> > I can't simply post it because you need to see a jpg to enjoy it.
>
> Put it on the web then, or email it to me and I'll put it on the web. We
> all deserve a laugh ^_^.

http://www.gekkou.co.uk/tektronix/

Reinhard Zwirner

Dec 22, 2002, 6:27:13 PM12/22/02
Robin KAY schrieb:

> http://www.gekkou.co.uk/tektronix/

Cute - LOL!

Reinhard

Chris

Dec 23, 2002, 11:08:10 AM12/23/02
In article <3E06119B...@myrealbox.com>, Robin KAY <koma...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>Robin KAY wrote:
>
>> The Schippers wrote:
>>
>> > I can't simply post it because you need to see a jpg to enjoy it.
>>
>> Put it on the web then, or email it to me and I'll put it on the web. We
>> all deserve a laugh ^_^.
>
>http://www.gekkou.co.uk/tektronix/

???

Where's the funny part?

Chris

Robin KAY

Dec 23, 2002, 11:20:31 AM12/23/02
Chris wrote:

> Robin KAY <koma...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> >http://www.gekkou.co.uk/tektronix/
>
> ???
>
> Where's the funny part?

There's no accounting for taste ^_^'. Have a close look at the photograph.

The Schippers wrote:

> Robin,
>
> Here's a letter I sent to Tektronix with cc to editors of some electronics
> magazines.
>
> Warning: some people had trouble "getting it".

John Jardine

Dec 23, 2002, 1:01:11 PM12/23/02

Robin KAY <koma...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
I've now looked twice but still don't geddit ;-). Please, please enlighten
me.
john

Chris

Dec 23, 2002, 1:05:26 PM12/23/02
In article <3E0737CF...@myrealbox.com>, Robin KAY <koma...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>Chris wrote:
>
>> Robin KAY <koma...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>> >http://www.gekkou.co.uk/tektronix/
>>
>> ???
>>
>> Where's the funny part?
>
>There's no accounting for taste ^_^'. Have a close look at the photograph.

D'oh! I missed it the first time. :)

Chris

CJT

Dec 23, 2002, 1:09:45 PM12/23/02

Somebody couldn't count.

Spehro Pefhany

Dec 23, 2002, 1:39:40 PM12/23/02
On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:01:11 -0000, the renowned "John Jardine"
<jo...@jjdesigns.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>I've now looked twice but still don't geddit ;-). Please, please enlighten
>me.

Note the magnitude of the claimed error, and look for the source.

John Jardine

Dec 23, 2002, 2:37:58 PM12/23/02

Spehro Pefhany <sp...@interlog.com> wrote in message

Geddit now!. Thanks. (hadn't scanned the 188mm)
regards
john

CBFalconer

Dec 23, 2002, 3:47:52 PM12/23/02
Chris wrote:
> Robin KAY <koma...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> >Robin KAY wrote:

> >> Put it on the web then, or email it to me and I'll put it on
> >> the web. We all deserve a laugh ^_^.
> >
> >http://www.gekkou.co.uk/tektronix/
>
> ???
>
> Where's the funny part?

I don't get it either. The fact that a cm scale starts from the
opposite end as the inch scale seems fairly normal. Errors in
proportion are not visible from the picture. The scale appears to
be about 8 inches long, which is not the norm. The bug report
verbiage, however, is amusing. I cannot correlate the "10 mm"
error (i.e. 1 cm) with any use or misuse of the instrument. If
that "error" was 188 - 25.4, or roughly 163, it would make sense.

Dave Hansen

Dec 23, 2002, 4:03:09 PM12/23/02
On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:47:52 GMT, CBFalconer <cbfal...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Chris wrote:
[...]

>> Where's the funny part?
>
>I don't get it either. The fact that a cm scale starts from the
>opposite end as the inch scale seems fairly normal. Errors in
>proportion are not visible from the picture. The scale appears to
>be about 8 inches long, which is not the norm. The bug report
>verbiage, however, is amusing. I cannot correlate the "10 mm"
>error (i.e. 1 cm) with any use or misuse of the instrument. If
>that "error" was 188 - 25.4, or roughly 163, it would make sense.

Read again the part that says what measurement was made (OK, I'll tell
you: 188 mm). Read again the part that says how far off it was (OK,
I'll tell you again: 10mm). Now examine the scale in that region.

If you still don't get it, rot13 the text below:

Jung pbzrf orgjrra fvkgrra naq rvtugrra? Nafjre: Abguvat!

Regards,

-=Dave
--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.

JerryMouse

Dec 23, 2002, 6:39:36 PM12/23/02

> Robin KAY wrote:
>
> > The Schippers wrote:
> >
> > > I can't simply post it because you need to see a jpg to enjoy it.
> >
> > Put it on the web then, or email it to me and I'll put it on the web. We
> > all deserve a laugh ^_^.
>
> http://www.gekkou.co.uk/tektronix/

Hilarious!

Last year I got a calendar from a publisher of dictionaries with a page
reading "Febuary."

Richard Steven Walz

Dec 23, 2002, 7:05:47 PM12/23/02
In article <3E0755A6...@yahoo.com>,

CBFalconer <cbfal...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>Chris wrote:
>> Robin KAY <koma...@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>> >http://www.gekkou.co.uk/tektronix/
>>
>> ???
>>
>> Where's the funny part?
>
>I don't get it either. The fact that a cm scale starts from the
>opposite end as the inch scale seems fairly normal. Errors in
>proportion are not visible from the picture. The scale appears to
>be about 8 inches long, which is not the norm. The bug report
>verbiage, however, is amusing. I cannot correlate the "10 mm"
>error (i.e. 1 cm) with any use or misuse of the instrument. If
>that "error" was 188 - 25.4, or roughly 163, it would make sense.
>--
>Chuck F (cbfal...@yahoo.com) (cbfal...@worldnet.att.net)
------------------
Chuck, what comes after 16?
-Steve
--
-Steve Walz rst...@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!

CBFalconer

Dec 23, 2002, 9:26:21 PM12/23/02
CJT wrote:

... snip ...

> Somebody couldn't count.

At last I get it :-) Some people are just thick.

Mike Turco

Dec 25, 2002, 3:29:00 AM12/25/02

"Mark Borgerson" <ma...@oes.to> wrote > OK, OK, does someone want to explain

to the OP the difference between
> mHz and MHz now???

If I've explained it once, I've explained it a billion times!

njkenworthy

Dec 25, 2002, 7:42:43 PM12/25/02
I love that
well done
NICK
uk

"Reinhard Zwirner" <reinhard...@t-online.de> wrote in message

Mark Borgerson

Dec 26, 2002, 2:08:37 AM12/26/02
In article <g%dO9.65306$vb3.2...@news2.west.cox.net>,
mike...@yahoo.com says...
Good One! But then in a binary logic sort of way, I would have
to conclude that you have not explained it once--or that you
have explained it continuously and rapidly for many years now!

Mark Borgerson

Mike Turco

Dec 26, 2002, 3:43:29 PM12/26/02

"Mark Borgerson" <ma...@oes.to> wrote in message

Mark, Ummmmm. . . OK, "If I explain it once, I'll explain it as a billion
times" . . . (best I can do today, that was one hell of a party last night
:) -- Mike

Mark Borgerson

Dec 26, 2002, 5:05:40 PM12/26/02
In article <RRJO9.79528$vb3.3...@news2.west.cox.net>,
mike...@yahoo.com says...

> "Mark Borgerson" <ma...@oes.to> wrote in message
> > In article <g%dO9.65306$vb3.2...@news2.west.cox.net>,
> > mike...@yahoo.com says...
> > >
> > > "Mark Borgerson" <ma...@oes.to> wrote > OK, OK, does someone want to
> explain
> > > to the OP the difference between
> > > >

> > > If I've explained it once, I've explained it a billion times!
> > >
> > Good One! But then in a binary logic sort of way, I would have
> > to conclude that you have not explained it once--or that you
> > have explained it continuously and rapidly for many years now!
> >
> > Mark Borgerson
>
> Mark, Ummmmm. . . OK, "If I explain it once, I'll explain it as a billion
> times" . . . (best I can do today, that was one hell of a party last night
> :) -- Mike

More semantically correct, but not near as funny! But what can you
expect, when writing for engineers!

Mark Borgerson