SC/MP processor info

tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au

Nov 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/26/96

Greetings

I have some code that was meant to run on an 'SC/MP' processor, made
I think by NSC. I would like to dissassemble it (by hand would be OK -
its only about 200 bytes!). Is there a instruction set description for
this ancient processor available on the net?

Thanks

Tom Harris tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au
Water Studies Centre

Robert Hansen

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96
to tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au

Tom,
I have an old spec sheet (1978) on the SC/MP 8060 MC. As soon
as I can scare up the time, I'll e-mail you a table of the instruction
set. I should be able to get it done in a couple of days.

Hope this will help.

Bob H.

Leon Heller

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

In article <57flkh$b...@harbinger.cc.monash.edu.au>
tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au writes:

> I have some code that was meant to run on an 'SC/MP' processor, made
> I think by NSC. I would like to dissassemble it (by hand would be OK -
> its only about 200 bytes!). Is there a instruction set description for
> this ancient processor available on the net?

I remember playing about with a SC/MP many years ago - great fun! Yes,
it was made by Nat Semi. Can't help with the instruction set,
unfortunately. Sinclair used it in a small microprocessor kit, before he
went upmarket with the ZX80. 8-) It might be worth trying one of the
Sinclair newsgroups if all else fails. Someone there might have the
details you are after.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM | "Do not adjust your mind, there is
E-mail le...@lfheller.demon.co.uk | a fault in reality": on a wall

Robert Hansen

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96
to tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au
tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au wrote:

> Greetings

> I have some code that was meant to run on an 'SC/MP' processor, made
> I think by NSC. I would like to dissassemble it (by hand would be OK -
> its only about 200 bytes!). Is there a instruction set description for
> this ancient processor available on the net?

scmp info.htm

Robert Hansen

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96
to tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au

I will try again!

scmp info.htm

Peter Horne

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

In article <57flkh$b...@harbinger.cc.monash.edu.au>,
tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au writes

>Greetings
>
>I have some code that was meant to run on an 'SC/MP' processor, made
>I think by NSC. I would like to dissassemble it (by hand would be OK -
>its only about 200 bytes!). Is there a instruction set description for
>this ancient processor available on the net?
>
>Thanks
>
> Tom Harris tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au
> Water Studies Centre

I hope this is what you want.

Instruction Object Bytes Machine
Code Cycles
ADD @DISP(X) 11110maa 2 19
PP
ADE 70 1 7
ADI DATA F4 2 ?
QQ
AND @DISP(X) 11010maa 2 18
PP
ANE 50 1 6
ANI DATA D4 2 10
QQ
CAD DISP(X) 11111maa 2 20
PP
CAE 78 1 8
CAI DATA FC 2 12
QQ
CAS 07 1 6
CCL 02 1 5
CSA 06 1 5
DAD @DISP(X) 11101maa 2 23
DAE 68 1 11
DAI EC 2 15
QQ
DINT 04 1 6
DLY DATA 101110aa 2 22
PP
DLY DISP 4F 2 13-131, 593*
PP
HALT 00 1 8
IEN 05 1 6
ILD DISP(X) 101010aa 2 22
PP
JMP DISP(X) 100000aa 2 11
PP
JNZ DISP(X) 100011aa 2 9/11
PP
JP DISP(X) 100001aa 2 9/11
PP
JZ DISP(X) 100010aa 2 9/11
PP
LD @DISP(X) 11000maa 2 18
PP
LDE 40 1 6
LDI DATA C4 2 10
QQ
NOP 08 1 5-10
OR @DISP(X) 11011maa 2 18
PP
ORE 58 1 6
ORI DATA DC 2 10
QQ
RR 1E 1 5
RRL 1F 1 5
SCL 03 1 5
SIO 19 1 5
SR 1C 1 5
SRL 1D 1 5
ST @DISP(X) 11001maa 2 18
PP
XAE 01 1 7
XOR @DISP(X) 11100maa 2 18
PP
XPAH X 001101aa 1 8
XPAL X 001100aa 1 8
XPPC X 001111aa 1 7
XRE 60 1 6
XRI DATA E4 2 10
QQ

Where the following symbols are used;

aa Two binary digits designating the Pointer register:
00 Pro Counter
01 Pointer Register 1
02 Pointer Register 2
03 Pointer Register 3
m One binary digit specifying address mode:
0 Program Relative or Indexed
1 Immediate or Auto-increment or Auto-decrement
PP Two hexadecimal digits representing an 8-bit signed number
QQ Two hexadecimal digits representing 8 bits of immediate data
--
Peter Horne

nick toop

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

In article <849098...@lfheller.demon.co.uk>, Leon Heller
<Le...@lfheller.demon.co.uk> writes
>> I have some code that was meant to run on an 'SC/MP' processor, made
>> I think by NSC. I would like to dissassemble it (by hand would be OK -
>> its only about 200 bytes!). Is there a instruction set description for
>> this ancient processor available on the net?
>
>I remember playing about with a SC/MP many years ago - great fun! Yes,
>it was made by Nat Semi. Can't help with the instruction set,
>unfortunately. Sinclair used it in a small microprocessor kit, before he
>went upmarket with the ZX80. 8-) It might be worth trying one of the
>Sinclair newsgroups if all else fails. Someone there might have the
>details you are after.
>
>Leon

I supported it for Sinclair many years ago. It was called the Mk14. I am told
there is one in the Science Museum! I have circuit etc:.. It was a copy of an
NS design with a dubious reset circuit and rather unfrindly keypad. You entered
hex code direct (just like S.Cray!). I designed a PROM programmers, casette
tape storage interface, video display, memory extension etc: for it. I think I
can still remember the op codes (those early memories last).
--
nick toop

David K. Bryant

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

tom.h...@sci.monash.edu.au writes:

>Greetings

>I have some code that was meant to run on an 'SC/MP' processor, made
>I think by NSC. I would like to dissassemble it (by hand would be OK -
>its only about 200 bytes!). Is there a instruction set description for
>this ancient processor available on the net?

I guess, again, I am the repository of old stuff.
I have a collection of SC/MP documentation, manuals,
and even a SC/MP development system.

Why not post your hex dump and see what I can do with it.