C compiler, assembler, and emulator for 68HC11 needed

William L. Irvine

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Anyone know of a good C compiler, assembler, and emulator for a 68HC11? I
currently have a really old assembler from 2500AD (now Avocet), but need
newer tools. I'm dealing with about 16K of assembler code, most of which
will be reused, but two or more asm. modules will need to be rewritten and
we want to redo them in C. I've looked at imagecraft, cosmic, and avocet
demo's so far. I might go with the Avocet tool set because the assembler
code was written in it and I won't have to reformat the code to match some
one else's compiler directives, label formats, etc. Also, I'm looking for a
cheap emulator for the HC11. I've looked at the wytec wice and the teci
tecice-hc11 on the web. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't want
to spend a lot of money and move in the wrong direction.

Clark

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00

"William L. Irvine" <billi...@burk.com> wrote in message

> I've looked at the wytec wice and the teci
> tecice-hc11 on the web. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't
want
> to spend a lot of money and move in the wrong direction.

When I took this position, my boss had a teci ice and was using the same
assembler as you. He is mostly from the old school and not really up on
ice's, source level debugging, etc., and was using the ice very minimally
(in S19 format, I believe). I however, come from the new school where I
feel naked without a good source-level debugger/ice.

At any rate, the teci ice does its job, but there is a gotcha to overcome
first. The teci does not support the same assembly syntax as the 2500AD,
and I had to first write an assembly translator (which runs on the PC)
before I could use the teci in source mode.

If you go that route I will gladly give you the translator. However, I
don't know how thorough it is. I just focused on the incompatibilities
between the way my boss wrote the 2500AD code, which might not be the same
way you do. I will give you the source code (a command line C program) and
you can do whatever you need to it.

Regards,
Clark G. Smith

Douglas Moore

Oct 28, 2000, 3:58:09 PM10/28/00
Check this one out.

Doug Moore

"William L. Irvine" wrote:

> Anyone know of a good C compiler, assembler, and emulator for a 68HC11? I
> currently have a really old assembler from 2500AD (now Avocet), but need
> newer tools. I'm dealing with about 16K of assembler code, most of which
> will be reused, but two or more asm. modules will need to be rewritten and
> we want to redo them in C. I've looked at imagecraft, cosmic, and avocet
> demo's so far. I might go with the Avocet tool set because the assembler
> code was written in it and I won't have to reformat the code to match some
> one else's compiler directives, label formats, etc. Also, I'm looking for a

> cheap emulator for the HC11. I've looked at the wytec wice and the teci

index.html

Ag@Whd

Nov 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/11/00
On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:58:09 -0500, Douglas Moore <do...@swbell.net>
scribbled these words:

Lauterbach do a range, including HC12.
Download from www.noral.com.

Adrian

WWW WWW Adrian Gothard
WWW ww WWW White Horse Design
WWWWWWWWWW
WWWW WWWW rot13 to reply: j...@mrgarg.pb.hx
---
Designers of GPS-based satellite tracking systems for vehicles

user

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
We have the HMI-200 emulator for the 68HC11. Here is the link on our
website:

http://www.avocetsystems.com/company/techshee/hsheets/200%20Sheets/HMI200_C1
1.htm

Doug Felton
Avocet Systems, Inc.
fel...@avocetsystems.com
www.avocetsystems.com
(800) 448-8500
(207) 236-9055

"Ag@Whd" <w...@catalpa.zetnet.zet> wrote in message

> On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:58:09 -0500, Douglas Moore <do...@swbell.net>
> scribbled these words:

Tony Karavidas

Mar 17, 2021, 1:44:47 AM3/17/21
Doug Felton, are you still around?

mag

Dec 27, 2022, 8:51:42 AM12/27/22
Have you tried imagecraft.com?

Tony Karavidas

Dec 27, 2022, 12:45:46 PM12/27/22
They are in very limited busy mode now, and don't seem to offer a license for the HC11. (unless I totally missed it)

Clifford Heath

Jan 16, 2023, 1:11:41 AM1/16/23
I used the gcc port for the MC68HC11 as far back as 1995, and wrote my
DL11 machine-code debugger for it (open source if you still want it).

Clifford Heath