Re: ST Cube IDE - where is GDB server logging level set?

Don Y

May 1, 2021, 8:07:57 PM5/1/21
On 4/30/2021 10:52 PM, John-Smith wrote:
> This bit
> https://peter-ftp.co.uk/screenshots/202105014411484506.jpg
>
> I posted this on the ST forums and the reply doesn't work, and that's
> the end of it - the place gets so many posts, mostly never solved...
>
> https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000jkapcSAA/where-do-i-configure-the-gdb-server-log-level?t=1619251467834
>
> Clearly there are multiple configs for this around the place. The file
> config.txt, which in my case is found at

Does the log file start out with an indication of how it has been
configured?

Are there any pathname referenced in the log file?

Don Y

May 1, 2021, 8:16:43 PM5/1/21
Or invoked?

Perhaps you can look back *up* the process tree to see if there are
any arguments passed to its invocation (?)

Don Y

May 2, 2021, 10:38:06 AM5/2/21
On 5/2/2021 4:16 AM, John-Smith wrote:

> Don Y <blocked...@foo.invalid> wrote
> In the directory
>
> is a batch file containing this
>
> @echo off
> cmd /K "ST-LINK_gdbserver.exe -c config.txt || echo GDB server exited"
>
> and the above executable, and some other stuff.
>
> However this may be totally unrelated to the Cube IDE logging level.

Change the name of the file -- temporarily -- and restart the tool.
If the file is actually *doing* something, then you should get a "file
not found" error.

If everything proceeds as normal, then you know it is being started
elsewhere.

[process monitor should let you look back up the process tree to see
the actual command line used]