PIC programmer w/o external 13V

Jens Erdennu?

Aug 16, 2004, 5:53:31 AM8/16/04
I am looking for the schematics of a PIC (16f84) programmer for the
serial or parallel port, which doesn't need an external power source.
If there are no schematics, maybe you can describe how this would work
in principle? Is the "high" voltage derived from the RS232 data lines?
Is the 5V supply stepped up to 13V? Is there a way without providing
13V at all?

Jens

Tio_[J]

Aug 31, 2004, 12:15:39 PM8/31/04

DaveC

Sep 12, 2004, 9:39:38 AM9/12/04
mg...@cv.cl (Tio_[J]) wrote in

My god, it's so simple... does it really work?
I've been using the P16Pro design by Bojan Dobaj with countless inverters
external power and so on.

what are the pros'/cons' of parrelel and serial programmers?

I could build this serial one into a cable, for ICSP

DaveC