Generating an alarm tone...

Mike Deblis

Jul 26, 2004, 5:12:25 AM7/26/04

I'd like to generate an alarm tone from a PIC - the pattern I'm after
is as sort of: "beep beep beep <delay of about 1 sec> beep beep
beep..."

I would like to use a simple piezo sounder attached directly to a
PORTB bit for ouput, and I was considering using the PWM to generate a
3kHz tone (simple enough). However, I was wondering how to chop the
output...

Is there a simple way to chop the PWM output, i.e. turn it on and off
simply?

Thanks

Mike

kyle

Jul 27, 2004, 7:01:48 PM7/27/04
Greetings,

mde...@hotmail.com (Mike Deblis) wrote in message news:<bc45f679.04072...@posting.google.com>...

A few possiblities :
1. set the duty to 0
2. power off the PWM subsystem (set CCPxM3:CCPxM0 to 0)

---
Kyle.
Funstuff @ http://www.casadeyork.com/robot