AVR/PIC uC to calculate 0-100kph and 100-0 using 2D accelerometer

Adam Bradley

Jul 12, 2003, 1:02:11 AM7/12/03
Hi all!
I'm mucking about with an AVR/PIC uC and want to choose a suitable
accelerometer
(probably from Analog Devices - but please let me know of any suitable
alternatives!)
to give me good accuracy to calculate 0-62mph times, max lateral G force,
braking G's
etc

What I do need is for someone to point me in the right direction with
regards to how
I can calculate such things using only the accelerometer and a known car
weight?

TIA!
Adam

Joey Blue

Sep 14, 2004, 3:35:51 PM9/14/04
You can check out this article in Circuit Cellar. They used an ADXL202.
http://www.circuitcellar.com/magazine/154toc.htm