Seeking participants for game music research (1 hr)

Cale Plut

Feb 2, 2022, 3:51:06 PM2/2/22
[Apologies for cross-posting] Hello all,

We are running an online study, and would like to invite you to
participate. We are conducting a research study on generative music in
video games. We are investigating both real-time and post-hoc perceived
emotion in response to multiple game-music conditions.

The study consists of two phases. In the first phase, you will be given
a link to a video game, and a 25-minute timer to download and play the
game freely. The game has an interactive playable tutorial, and a video
tutorial is available on the study website.

In the second phase, you will complete a series of 4 annotation curves
using your computer keyboard, while watching video of gameplay. After
completing these annotations, you will be asked to answer a post-hoc
questionnaire.

Overall, this study will take you approximately 60 minutes. The study
website is available at http://caleplut.com/GalDef/global.html

Thank you all for your time. Please circulate if possible.

Cheers,

Cale Plut (he/him) PhD Candidate, Metacreation Lab School of Interactive
Arts and Technology Simon Fraser University

We acknowledge that we are on the core traditional territory of the
Kwikwetlem First nation, which lies within the shared territories of the
Tsleil-Waututh, Katzie, Musqueam, Squamish, and Sto:lo Nations.