OFAI 2023 Winter/Spring Lecture Series

Tristan Miller

Jan 27, 2023, 7:12:08 AM1/27/23
The Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI) is
delighted to announce its 2023 Winter/Spring Lecture Series.

The talks are intended to familiarize attendees with the latest research
developments in AI and related fields, and to forge new connections with
those working in other areas.

Lectures will take place on Wednesdays at 18:30 Vienna time. All
lectures will be held online via Zoom; in-person attendance at OFAI is
also possible for certain lectures. Attendance is open to the public
and free of charge. No advance registration is required.

For details on how to attend the individual talks, sign up to our
mailing list at <https://www.ofai.at/newsletter.html> or check the
Lecture Series web page at <https://www.ofai.at/lectures>.

Schedule:

18 January 2023 at 18:30 CET (UTC+1)
Martin Trapp (Aalto University)
Leveraging Connections Between Deep Architectures and Bayesian
Nonparametrics

1 February 2023 at 18:30 CET (UTC+1)
Winfried Lechner (University of Athens)
Natural Language Semantics and Music

15 February 2023 at 18:30 CET (UTC+1)
Benjamin Mako Hill (University of Washington)
Balancing Open Participation and Information Quality in Wikipedia Using
Machine Learning

1 March 2023 at 18:30 CET (UTC+1)
Michael Pucher (OFAI)
Synthesizing Dialects, Faces, Singing Voices, Songbirds, and Famous Dead
Actors

15 March 2023 at 18:30 CET (UTC+1)
Niels Taatgen (University of Groningen)
The Skill-based Method of Modeling Human Intelligent Behavior

29 March 2023 at 18:30 CEST (UTC+2)
Stacy Marsella (Northeastern University and University of Glasgow)
Engineering the Impact of Emotion on Human Behavior

12 April 2023 at 18:30 CEST (UTC+2)
Christoph Scheepers (University of Glasgow)
The "Crossword Effect" in Free Word Recall: A Retrieval Advantage for
Words Encoded in Line with their Spatial Associations

26 April 2023 at 18:30 CEST (UTC+2)
Paolo Petta (OFAI)
(Talk title to be announced)

10 May 2023 at 18:30 CEST (UTC+2)
Hannes Fellner (University of Vienna)
Digital Advances on the Ancient Silk Road

--
Dr.-Ing. Tristan Miller, Research Scientist
Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI)

Tristan Miller

Jan 30, 2023, 10:11:16 AM1/30/23
Dear all,

On 2023-01-27 13:12, Tristan Miller wrote:
> The Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI) is
> delighted to announce its 2023 Winter/Spring Lecture Series.

[...]
> 1 February 2023 at 18:30 CET (UTC+1)
> Winfried Lechner (University of Athens)
> Natural Language Semantics and Music

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to postpone Winfried
Lechner's talk, originally scheduled for this Wednesday, until
Wednesday, 8 March at 18:30 CET (UTC+1). We apologize for the
inconvenience!

Sincerely,
Tristan Miller