Mentifex AGI Embodies the Emotion Mind-Module

A.T. Murray

Mar 9, 2023, 1:46:19 PM3/9/23
As we design AGI Minds for embodiment in robots, we include the

https://ai.neocities.org/Emotion.html

module as barely more than a software stub so as to reserve its rightful space in the cognitive architecture of Artificial General Intelligence. Since the feeling of emotions and the thinking of ideas both influence the

https://ai.neocities.org/Volition.html

module, we leave the fleshing out of emotions based on embodiment to

https://ai.neocities.org/AI101.html -- community college AI students.

A TikTok video about the AGI mind-module

https://ai.neocities.org/Emotion.html

has today been uploaded to TikTok at

https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7208553232568749355

with promotional hashtags in both English and Russian.

https://old.reddit.com/r/OpenAI/comments/11mlhgr/planning_for_agi_and_beyond/jbj0hiv -- is where we invite users of ChatGPT to join the AGI mail-list for discussion of
https://openai.com/blog/planning-for-agi-and-beyond -- the AGI future.

Joachim Pimiskern

Mar 12, 2023, 2:29:28 PM3/12/23
Am 09.03.2023 um 19:46 schrieb A.T. Murray:

https://old.reddit.com/r/OpenAI/comments/11mlhgr/planning_for_agi_and_beyond/jbj0hiv

> is where we invite users of ChatGPT to join the AGI mail-list
> for discussion of
> https://openai.com/blog/planning-for-agi-and-beyond the AGI future.

Hi Arthur,

I just wanted to ask whether you know ChatGPT.
Then I got the idea to ask ChatGPT whether it knows you.

"Do you know Mentifex?"

This is what ChatGPT answered:

"Yes, Mentifex is a pseudonym used by an individual named
Arthur T. Murray who is known for his work in artificial
intelligence (AI). Murray is the author of a project
called "The MindForth AI Consciousness Explored," which is
a computer program designed to simulate human thought
processes and behavior. The program is based on a theory
of AI known as "artificial general intelligence" (AGI),
which aims to create machines that can perform a wide range
of cognitive tasks and exhibit human-like intelligence.

The MindForth AI program is written in the Forth programming language
and is designed to run on a variety of computer platforms. It includes
a number of features intended to simulate various aspects of human
cognition, such as attention, perception, memory, and decision-making.
The program is open-source and has been used by researchers and
hobbyists in the AI community to explore the potential of AGI
and related technologies.

While the MindForth AI program has generated some interest
and discussion in the AI community, its approach and methodology
have also been the subject of some criticism and debate.
As with any AI project, the effectiveness and potential
of the program depend on a variety of factors,
including its design, implementation, and application."

Regards,
Joachim

A.T. Murray

Mar 25, 2023, 9:16:44 PM3/25/23
Gruess Gott, Joachim,

and thank you for asking ChatGPT if it knows Mentifex. The answer comes as quite a shock to me.

My response to you comes thirteen days late because I was not checking in here until today I wanted to post something.

Two days ago I suddenly got the idea to create and promulgate

https://ai.neocities.org/ChatAGI.html -- ChatAGI Artificial General Intelligence

as a way to piggyback upon and exploit the major phenomenon of thoughtless ChatGPT.

ChatAGI was immediately announced in TikTok AI video #24 among those listed below.

#01 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7191130287919648043 -- a response to Google;
#02 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7196333128674315562
#03 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7196332662422916398
#04 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7200578268255227182 - engine.html "AI Prosperity Engine";
#05 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7202325661942353194 - NLU.html;
#06 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7203367394805435690 - RuThink.html screenshot;
#07 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7204103720567622955 - Motorium.html screenshot;
#08 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7204876127670635819 - AiSteps.html screenshot;
#09 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7205593693548580138 - mens.html screenshot;
#10 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7206322230974926126 - InFerence.html screenshot;
#11 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7207088755906284846 -- First with Russian hashtags; RuVerbGen.html;
#12 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7207434044316077358 - Consciousness.html screenshot;
#13 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7207805851409698091 - SpreadAct.html screenshot;
#14 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7208173587553848619 - Volition.html screenshot;
#15 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7208553232568749355 - Emotion.html screenshot;
#16 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7208917387238821163 - EnThink.html screenshot;
#17 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7210782366758063406 - Indicative.html screenshot;
#18 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7211523664557280558 - RuIndicative.html screensho;
#19 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7211895021774179626 - EnNounPhrase.html screenshot;
#20 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7212264031132978474 - RuNounPhrase.html screenshot;
#21 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7212640375259876651 - EnVerbPhrase.html screenshot;
#22 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7213011946025569582 - EnVerbGen.html screenshot;
#23 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7213380294580145451 - LaNounGen.html screenshot;
#24 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7213751137449594155 - ChatAGI & ReJuvenate.html screenshot;
#25 https://www.tiktok.com/@sullenjoy/video/7214491452196359467 - ChatAGI.html screenshot.

Suddenly the Mentifex AI project is becoming much better known, but it may once again lead to nothing.

Thank you, Joachim, for giving me this opportunity to list all the TikTok Mentifex AI videos.

Regards,
Arthur T. Murray
https://www.tiktok.com/tag/mentifex

Adriano Bassignana

Mar 27, 2023, 5:23:41 AM3/27/23
ChatGPT highlights that the system is based on production rules, typical of the early 80's of the last century, as verified with some more targeted questions about chatGPT.
We must pay attention to the fact that the current explosion in the effectiveness of the AI ​​approach is precisely that of having detached from the "expert systems" of the 80s to arrive at the self-learning neural networks of the 70s and then come back into fashion in the end from the 90s.

The answer of chatGPT

Does point 2 in particular mean that it uses a different approach, similar to that of expert systems in fashion in the 80's of the last century?

chatGPT:

Yes exactly. Mentifex uses an approach to AI that is based on a theory known as the "production rule system" or "production system", which originated in the 1960s and 1970s and was very popular in the 1980s it's 90.

The manufacturing rule system was used to create the first expert systems, which were computer programs that replicated the knowledge and experience of human experts in a given field. Expert systems used a set of manufacturing rules to make inferences and solve problems similar to that of a human expert.

Mentifex's production rule system works in a similar way, using a set of rules that determine how the artificial agent should behave in a given situation. However, there are some important differences between Mentifex's system and traditional expert systems, most notably the use of machine learning techniques to train agents.

In any case, as I mentioned earlier, Mentifex's approach is not widely adopted or recognized by the AI ​​academic or industry community, which has focused more on the use of machine learning and neural networks.

A.T. Murray

Mar 27, 2023, 6:42:10 PM3/27/23
Thanks you for following up on Joachim's original query of ChatGPT about Mentifex.

ChatGPT is quite wrong about what Mentifex AI is based on.

https://ai.neocities.org/ChatAGI.html and all the other Mentifex AI programs thinking in English or German or Russian or Latin are based totally and solely on

https://ai.neocities.org/theory.html

which is my unique and original Theory of Mind based upon spreading activation among concepts.

Mentifex AI has nothing to do with expert systems.

Mentifex AI is a _thinking_ system, not a "production rule system."

ChatGPT may be correct in asserting that "Mentifex's approach is not widely adopted," but my efforts are underway to increase the adoption of Mentifex AI techniques by extremely devious means. One rather mild campaign is simply to invite Netizens in AI forums to try and evaluate Mentifex AI to see for themselves how a truly thinking AI operates -- not with a flood of output but with discrete thoughts and ideas. A not so mild technique of propagating Mentifex AI is to use the "fear factor" of Netizens worrying about who will win the global "AI arms race." Any corporation or university or AI lab which does not take the effort to understand and evaluate Mentifex AI is in danger of losing the race.