Real world ontology applications

acam...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2006, 7:12:19 PM7/31/06
Hello, I am looking for some information about how to use ontologies in
real world applications. At present I know how to create them and do
some reasoning like checking consistency...

But I would like to know how ontologies are really used then in an
application which needs a GUI, complex reasoning, several algorithms...
In other words, how (and what for) is usually an ontology used once
created? I am searching for your opinion or web references -articles,
real applications...

Thank you very much.

[ comp.ai is moderated ... your article may take a while to appear. ]