[JOBS] 1 Post-Doc open Positions on AI-ML to understand and contrast social media threats for teenagers

Dimitri Ognibene

Jun 4, 2022, 2:19:21 PM6/4/22
[JOBS] 1 Post-Doc open Positions on AI-ML to understand and contrast social media threats for teenagers

######### Apologize for cross posting #########

Dear colleagues,

University Milano-Bicocca is offering 1 postdoctoral position on machine learning and AI applied to understand and contrast social media threats for teenagers.

The successful participant will be involved in the multidisciplinary project COURAGE funded by Volkswagen Foundation.

The position is research starting in September 2022

Please contact us for expression of interest and preliminary information:

dimitri.ognibene at unimib.it (PI)

1 Researcher Position
Application Opens: Middle June (tbd)

Application Closes: late June (tbd)

Interview: 5th July h14 (CET)

Starts: September 2022

Duration: 1.5 years (18 months)

Salary: €2600 pm

Work permit: valid permit to work in Italy from September 2022 is a strong asset

Topics: Social media, NLP, machine learning, cognitive models, opinion dynamics, computer vision, reinforcement learning, graph neural network, recommender systems, network analysis

Project: COURAGE https://www.upf.edu/web/courage

Informal description of the job:
Do social media harm teenagers and our society?

Can we make them safer?

Let's understand how to reshape social media algorithms together with this competitive research positions in #machinelearnig, #artificialintelliegence and #socialmedia modelling based in Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca on the project COURAGE #couragecompanion

#AIforSocialGood We will use the state of the art in graph neural networks, reinforcement learning, nlp, cv, and machine learning in general to improve our understanding of social media dynamics, and help our society by supporting and teaching young people tackle hate speech and fake news in social media.

Many opportunities for interdisciplinary and international research

Francesco Lomonaco

Jun 8, 2022, 3:43:51 AM6/8/22
######### Apologize for cross posting #########
[on the behalf of Professor Dimitri Ognibene]

dimitri....@unimib.it (PI)