Dear Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Digital Media engineers, scientists and enthusiasts,
you are welcomed to register to the CVML course on ‘Programming short course and workshop on Deep Learning and Computer Vision’, 30th August - 1st September 2023:
It will take place at KEDEA Building, hosted by the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), Thessaloniki, Greece. The course provides an in-depth presentation of programming tools and techniques for various computer vision and deep learning problems. The target application domains are autonomous systems (e.g., real time object detection) and digital/social media analysis for Natural Disaster Management. The short course consists of three parts (A, B, C), each having lectures and programming workshops with hands-on lab exercises. There will be complemented lecture pdfs, to enable you to study at your own pace. You can also self-assess your knowledge, by filling appropriate questionnaires (one per lecture).
This course is part of the very successful CVML programming short course and workshop series that has been taking place in the last four years.
Course description ‘Programming short course and workshop on Deep Learning and Computer Vision’
The short course consists of three parts (A, B, C), each having lectures and programming workshops with hands-on lab exercises.
Part A will focus on Deep Learning and GPU programming. The lectures of this part provide a solid background on Deep Neural Networks (DNN) topics, notably convolutional NNs (CNNs) and deep learning for image classification.
Part B lectures will focus on deep learning algorithms for Perception on Autonomous Systems, namely on 2D object/face detection and 2D object tracking.
Part C lectures will focus on Autonomous Systems in Natural Disaster Management (NDM). The lectures will provide a basic understanding of Real-Time Image Segmentation algorithms.
Course lectures and programming workshops
Part A (8 hours) Deep Learning for Autonomous Systems
1. Deep neural networks – Convolutional NNs.
2. Knowledge Distillation in Deep Neural Networks.
3. Programming workshop on Deep neural networks – Convolutional NNs.
4. Programming workshop on Knowledge Distillation in Deep Neural Networks.
Part B (8 hours) Autonomous Systems Perception
1. Real Time Object Detection.
2. 2D Object Tracking in Embedded Systems.
3. Programming workshop on Real Time Object Detection.
4. Programming workshop on 2D Object Tracking in Embedded Systems.
Part C (8 hours) Autnomous Systems in Natural Disaster Management
1. Real-Time Image Segmentation.
2. Natural Language Processing for Natural Disaster Management.
3. Programming workshop on Real-Time Image Segmentation.
4. Programming workshop on Natural Language Processing for Natural Disaster Management.
You can use the following link for course registration:
For questions, please contact: Ioanna Koroni <koroni...@csd.auth.gr
This programming short course is organized by Prof. I. Pitas, IEEE and EURASIP fellow and IEEE distinguished speaker. He is the coordinator of the EC funded International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA), that is co-sponsored by all 5 European AI R&D flagship projects (H2020 ICT48). He was initiator and first Chair of the IEEE SPS Autonomous Systems Initiative. He is Director of the Artificial Intelligence and Information analysis Lab (AIIA Lab), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. He is Coordinator of the European Horizon2022 R&D project TEMA and he was Coordinator of the European Horizon2020 R&D project Multidrone. He is ranked 249-top Computer Science and Electronics scientist internationally by Guide2research (2018). He has 35500+ citations to his work and h-index 86+.
1) Prof. I. Pitas: https://scholar.google.gr/citations?user=lWmGADwAAAAJ&hl=el
2) Horizon2022 EU funded R&D project TEMA: https://tema-project.eu/
3) Horizon2022 EU funded R&D project AI4EUROPE: https://www.ai4europe.eu/
4) Horizon2020 EU funded R&D project Aerial-Core: https://aerial-core.eu/
5) Horizon2020 EU funded R&D project Multidrone: https://multidrone.eu/
6) International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA): http://www.i-aida.org/
7) Horizon2020 EU funded R&D project AI4Media: https://ai4media.eu/
8) AIIA Lab: https://aiia.csd.auth.gr/
Prof. I. Pitas
Director of the Artificial Intelligence and Information analysis Lab (AIIA Lab)
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Post scriptum: To stay current on CVML matters, you may want to register in the CVML email list, following instructions in: https://lists.auth.gr/sympa/info/cvml