how to start on NLP (for irc bots and EC)

1 view

holyghost

Sep 24, 2021, 4:01:39 AM9/24/21
Hello,

I am currently reading "Neural Network Methods for Natural Language
Processing" by Y. Goldberg and "Natural language processing with python"
published by O'Reilly.

I am interested in programming an IRC bot using NLP, what would be your
advice to proceed ? I have a backgrround in statistics and adaptive
systems (mostly GA and EA.)

I would also like to know how NLP can be used for EC (or vv.)

Best regards,
holly

--
(__)
oo )

My Software & Art company (donations are welcome) :
https://ko-fi.com/brandywine9

holyghost

Sep 25, 2021, 7:41:16 AM9/25/21
Hello again,

Since some of you may be in anaconda, here's the clean python code of an
IRC bot so you can extend it with its main pattern classes processor and
NLP in an included droid.py class :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/f45wdi452ira3mg/pyhollybot-mac-0.1.11.tar.gz/file

It has not been debugged and as you see most of it was written on a mac
It's plain ascii parsing now so you can e.g. run it in a DOS prompt.

UTF-8 parsing for current pythons is commented out in it. Should run on
something like Python 2.3 with networking libs installed.

If I realize the NLP itself I might post it here or somewhere else.

Best regards,
holly

--
(__)