Article: The Deterministic Part of IPC-4: An Overview

jai...@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov

Oct 30, 2005, 7:53:00 PM10/30/05
JAIR is pleased to announce the publication of the following article:

Hoffmann, J. and Edelkamp, S. (2005)
"The Deterministic Part of IPC-4: An Overview",
Volume 24, pages 519-579.

For quick access via your WWW browser, use this URL:
http://www.jair.org/abstracts/hoffmann05a.html

Abstract:
We provide an overview of the organization and results of the
deterministic part of the 4th International Planning Competition,
i.e., of the part concerned with evaluating systems doing
deterministic planning. IPC-4 attracted even more competing systems
than its already large predecessors, and the competition event was
revised in several important respects. After giving an introduction
to the IPC, we briefly explain the main differences between the
deterministic part of IPC-4 and its predecessors. We then introduce
formally the language used, called PDDL2.2 that extends PDDL2.1 by
derived predicates and timed initial literals. We list
the competing systems and overview the results of the competition.
The entire set of data is far too large to be presented in full. We
provide a detailed summary; the complete data is available in an
online appendix. We explain how we awarded the competition prizes.

The article is available via:

-- comp.ai.jair.papers (also see comp.ai.jair.announce)

-- World Wide Web: The URL for our World Wide Web server is
http://www.jair.org/
For direct access to this article and related files try:
http://www.jair.org/abstracts/hoffmann05a.html

-- Anonymous FTP from Carnegie-Mellon University (USA):
ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/project/jair/volume24/hoffmann05a.ps
The compressed PostScript file is named hoffmann05a.ps.Z
An online appendix is also available, named hoffmann05a-appendix1.tgz

For more information about JAIR, visit our WWW or FTP sites, or
contact jai...@isi.edu

--
Steven Minton
JAIR Managing Editor