Site Security

Alan Kessler

Oct 14, 2019, 9:44:37 AM10/14/19
to CommunityWalk
Is there anything one can do to use Community Walk on a secure basis.
After 10 years of happy use of Community Walk, a sub-group of my users is very worried that the useful addresses and telephone numbers displayed on Community Walk will be used for evil purposes.

jared.c...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2019, 9:47:24 AM10/14/19
to commun...@googlegroups.com
We are still investigating this, but the information posted on CommunityWalk won't be affected by making the site more secure. Secure websites protect the transmission of information like credit card numbers, they don't affect information that can be freely viewed on a website, such as the information on a CommunityWalk map.