Neighborhood Roots Planting Party - Will YOU be there?

Annette Mills

Nov 10, 2022, 11:19:50 AM11/10/22
to community-inclusion-corvall...@googlegroups.com, natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Community Inclusion and Natural Areas Action Teams,

Our Neighborhood Roots Planting Party is just a few days away – Sunday afternoon, Nov. 13!

Please let me know TODAY whether you plan to be there, and at what time. Here’s who we have so far:

1:00 pm Set-up

·         Aleita Hass-Holcombe

·         Molly Monroe

·         Diane Arney

·         Aaron Lesan

·         Dave Eckert

·         Annette Mills

2:00 pm Planting (and/or staffing our tent)

·         Ruth Johns

·         Jim Stratton (photographer)

·         Aleita Hass-Holcombe

·         Molly Monroe

·         Diane Arney

·         Aaron Lesan

·         Dave Eckert

·         Annette Mills

We have 8 native trees to plant, and it would be great if we could have teams of 2-3 people (volunteers and neighbors) working on each tree. Also, Aleita and I are lining up refreshments for our post-planting celebration, and we need to know approximately how many people to expect.

Please let me know ASAP if you plan to be there – and at what time!

Thanks!

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director (she/her/hers)

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

541-230-1237

I live within the traditional homeland of the Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.  Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya …Treaty), Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations at either Grand Ronde or Siletz. Today, the Kalapuya live on tribal lands or tribal-ceded lands throughout the region. Many Kalapuya are active members of the sovereign nations of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde or the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians. Kalapuya culture is alive.