Video: Laying Down Roots: Neighborhood Tree Program

ami...@virginiavillageproductions.com

Dec 10, 2020, 8:05:29 PM12/10/20
to community-inclusion-corvall...@googlegroups.com, natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Community Inclusion Action Team and Natural Areas Action Team,

Many thanks to those of you who attended last night’s meeting and contributed to the discussion about how to make our newest project as inclusive as possible. I’m planning to work on the meeting summary this weekend and will send it to you for review ASAP. This project has a lot of potential. I’m excited!

At the close of the meeting, I mentioned the 30-minute video produced in 2004 by Dave Eckert about The Neighborhood Tree Program, a project we started in Falls Church, Virginia, more than 20 years ago –and it’s still going strong! More than 1,000 large trees have been planted through this program, helping to create more livable neighborhoods. Here’s the link to the video:

Laying Down Roots: Neighborhood Tree Program - YouTube

The Village Improvement Society that’s referenced in the film is similar to a Village Improvement Society that was in Corvallis in the early 1900’s.

Enjoy!

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition