Fwd: Water Action Team special planting this coming week. Please help.

Lauren Merrill

Nov 2, 2020, 12:14:46 PM11/2/20
to natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com
Please think about helping out!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Eckert <dec...@willamettewatershed.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 29, 2020, 8:44 PM
Subject: Water Action Team special planting this coming week. Please help.
To: Dave Eckert <dec...@willamettewatershed.com>

Water Action Team –

This coming week is out most active and consequential weeks of the year. I hope you can help out in some way. Monday and Tuesday are the most important days. Please contact me in advance if you plan to help. Here is how to help:

Monday, Nov. 2 – 2:00 pm – Starker Arts Park Filtering Wetland – Unload 71 good sized shrubs, place them in pre-dug holes and nest them into the soil. We can use 10 solid people who can use a shovel.

Tuesday, Nov. 3 – 2:00 pm -Bald Hill Natural Area site – Unload 750 shrubs, place most of them in pre-dug holes and nest them into the soil. Since this is a large spread out area, we can physically-distance with more people. This will be a good day to stay away from the news. Be outside in this gorgeous setting and enjoy life.

Wednesday, Nov. 4 – 1:00 pm – Bald Hill Natural Area – We plant the remaining shrubs. Recover from election day and forget that it is now becoming election month.

Thursday, Nov. 5 – 1:00 pm – Bald Hill Natural Area – We plant the remaining shrubs.

Friday, Nov. 6 – 1:00 pm – Bald Hill Natural Area – We plant the remaining shrubs.

Saturday, Nov. 7 – 1:00 pm – Bald Hill Natural Area – We finish planting the remaining shrubs.

Dave Eckert

(541) 230-1237 (NO Texting)

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition Water Action Team

www. sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/water

dec...@willamettewatershed.com

I live within the traditional homeland of the Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.  Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya …Treaty), Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations at either Grand Ronde or Siletz. Today, Kalapuya live either within the reservations or in public non-reservation communities throughout the region. Many Kalapuya are active members of the sovereign nations of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde or the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians. Kalapuya culture is alive.